Where's the Terrible Handlebars Thread?

The “joke” comes at the expense of non-consensual bat sex

just to be clear, we’re talking about Chiroptera having sex with each other, which is by definition non-consensual. Not humans receiving a Louisville Slugger in a forced and unwanted way.

LONG LIVE BATRAPE

ugh it just sounds so stupid.

1 Like

I was talking about the bats with wings. (It never occurred to me that batrape would mean the other kind of bat, honestly.) None of their sex is consensual? Maybe we should just call batrape batsex then?

This may be the stupidest conversation that tarck has ever had.

10 Likes

I feel that way about both original mustache bars, and porteur bars (tried unsuccessfully to like those for a while). That said, I admit being curious about the Riv replacement for mustache - the albastache, which was intended as a cross between albatross and mustache bars. They are wider, have less drop, curves at the front actually look comfortable, pull back a little more.

Cruiser bars in general I get along with, so long as they are decently wide, and don’t sweep back so much that you hit your knees pedaling out of the saddle. All the porteur bar’d porteur rack’d fixed gears I lusted after in the early 2010s would have been absolutely no fun to ride had I actually had the money to build one like I wanted.

Lets get back on track

1 Like

saw a dude riding a butterfly barred surley with full face DH helmet yesterday
the dream is alive and well

4 Likes

5 Likes

Wow.

Does it stop?

Can’t stop. Don’t want to either.
But I do want to coast and shift gears.

1 Like

Oh I bet it will stop if you brake mid shift

2 Likes

supersad bike needs a cheer up post.
Yay?

Lol

2 Likes

Spotted this bit of madness on the street yesterday.

3 Likes

Jesus I didn’t even notice the double brakes!