Where's the Terrible Handlebars Thread?

Are my eyes seeing right? is that a caliper brake on the back side of the fork? Madness.

and two locks!!!

it’s a therapy bike for this couple so they both are equal partners in the steering and braking decisions

So how did grandma and grandpa break their hips?

from prison island craigslist. Worst rofloff mount or worst rolfoff mount?

Yikes

4 Likes

That’s against the rules

1 Like

“I want color matched fenders, Dyno routing, top tube shifters…”
“You mean down tube shifters. They go on the down tube.”
“I know what I said.”

3 Likes

“Resting bars”

Swoopy tuck

This was a trend for a minute. See the map townie porteur with the huge fenders

When your bars are so bad that putting on the grips backwards seems right.

EDIT: rescinded.

A slightly less offensive configuration of the same bike:

Also, it rinkos!

Looks like somebody drank deep of the kool aid.

1 Like

Are those not on correctly? That’s how I thought they were supposed to go.

Every picture I can find of (gis of “Ergon cork grips”) has the split of the clamp w/ screw toward the rear of the bar.

EDIT: whelp I am wrong:

There is an argument that whatever position of the grips is most comfortable is also most correct.

That is nonsense. If the grips are installed wrong, they don’t look good. And if they don’t look good to commenters from obscure fixie forums how can you be comfortable?

3 Likes

Isn’t it more important where the extended bit goes? It’s pointing back towards the rider from what I can see. Does the split in the clamp actually matter much? I don’t think I’ve ever paid attention to that.

1 Like

I have those grips. The paddle part where your palm goes faces backwards. The clamp is integral to the grip and cant be turned around

Hey, I post one picture of my aero bar experiment and you people go all nuts! You will be happy to hear those bars are off now…

1 Like