Winter Cycling 08/09

I’ve worn my mountain gaters a few times while riding, but I rarely do because they’re a pain in the ass.

I’m thinking they’d be great for Epic MTB rides on on the groomed snowmobile trail system in southern New Hampshire.

I think I asked you this before but where did you get those? I love the WW2 styled spats.

It has been around 30- 35 for my AM ride for the last 2 weeks. It is not to bad, but I hate that it takes 2 hours for my legs to not feel cold once I get to work.

I do think I will finally go for the full- ish race blade or planet bike fenders. I kind of am in to making it a rain/ winter bike!

[quote=“balonya”]It has been around 30- 35 for my AM ride for the last 2 weeks. It is not to bad, but I hate that it takes 2 hours for my legs to not feel cold once I get to work.

I do think I will finally go for the full- ish race blade or planet bike fenders. I kind of am in to making it a rain/ winter bike![/quote]

I’m riding with knee high smartwool ski socks, and fenders. When I get to work it takes me 2 hours to turn up the heat from it night setting (55f.) if I ride. When I drive I’m colder when I get there so I turn up the heat right away.

I think I asked you this before but where did you get those? I love the WW2 styled spats.[/quote]

Fresh outta the ebay.

Nothing too cold yet. A ton of snow and a little freezing rain. I love the snow. I do not love sub zero temperatures. Thats when things stop being fun. When the no-nos are numb.

Every winter thread needs this picture.

That is indeed a cool shot. Never noticed that the guy’s hands are touching his damn stem before. Slightly less cool now that I see that. Oh well.

I kind of hope I get a job in somewhere cold so I can get a snow bike and get that experience seems pretty crazy.

We finally got our first ground-sticking snow in Denver!
I’ve got a Monocog for when things get really messy, but this is my primary snow bike:

Check out the sludge faring (tite clearances, yo). The tire was actually frozen to the seat tube after I took this picture.

fuck yeah! riding around today was my first experience with riding in snow and it’s awesome! can’t wait to have an appropriate snow bike!

Damn it. Don’t make me miss Montreal. I can’t remember what that shit feels like, but I do remember how good it feels to overcome that shit.

i would really really appreciate a good glove reccomendation

i just replaced my 7 year old rando long finger gloves with some giordana’s, and at about an hour into a ride my finger tips go numb. and thats with some stretchy cotton gloves underneath.

Anything Goretex will help.

[quote=“lollerskatez”]i would really really appreciate a good glove reccomendation

i just replaced my 7 year old rando long finger gloves with some giordana’s, and at about an hour into a ride my finger tips go numb. and thats with some stretchy cotton gloves underneath.[/quote]

no specific recommendations, as there are plenty of gloves that’ll work. although i do like my xc skiing lobster gloves and my specialized cycling gloves, but often times if your feet/hands are cold it means that your core isn’t warm enough.

I’ve been using some 3M Thinsulate wool gloves for the past two winters without a hitch.

Sunny today but COLD

[quote=“tjayk”][quote=“lollerskatez”]i would really really appreciate a good glove reccomendation

i just replaced my 7 year old rando long finger gloves with some giordana’s, and at about an hour into a ride my finger tips go numb. and thats with some stretchy cotton gloves underneath.[/quote]

no specific recommendations, as there are plenty of gloves that’ll work. although i do like my xc skiing lobster gloves and my specialized cycling gloves, but often times if your feet/hands are cold it means that your core isn’t warm enough.[/quote]

ive always had issues with my core being cold. im tall and thin and either I overdress or underdress. ive tried some big cotton ones before but its hard to shift in them. ill check all those out though.

[quote=“daedelus”]Check out the sludge faring (tite clearances, yo). The tire was actually frozen to the seat tube after I took this picture.
[/quote]

That’s awesome. I like the canti up front, too. What sorta fork is that?