Winter Riding '15

Not the giant ones I’m guessing?

Yeah, was debating between the next batch of Docenas and an XL Ozette, but decided to go Ozette, not many people with the ocean air bag

It sure looks nice tho. Will probably end up with both anyway

Not sure,
You guys going for the XL should inquire, I don’t think they have made any lightweight Ozettes yet but they may be holding back until someone volunteers to be the guinea pig to shake out any early adopter issues with x-pac-ing the existing Ozette design.

I’m talking Pelican

XL Ozettes for the NFE are gonna be x-pac lined, per dude at Swift who set up the group buy

ah, interesting.
Docena is single layer x-pac (not x-pac lined inside cordura), correct?
Maybe I misunderstood my conversation with Martina.

from what it looks like in all the pics, the docena is double layer xpac, but you’ll want an official answer on that.

ozette is for sure xpac inside cordura.

EDIT: all swift bags are stiffened with coroplast because the people at swift are not complete dinguses (dingii?)

ah, interesting.
Docena is single layer x-pac (not x-pac lined inside cordura), correct? [/quote]

x-pac by itself has the stiffness of toilet paper; you’d want to back it with either fabric or interfacing unless having the bag collapse into a puddle of fabric is what you want.

i guess this is bag chat

kinda chilly on my lunch ride today
sun went behind the clouds, narrowly missed the sprinkling rain and sleet

19f this morning, high of 32f

still skinny tire weather though

dusting of snow this morning, was great and quite and calm and I rolled up to a breakfast spot 5 min after they opened and was the only one in there and drank coffee and ate potatoes for 30 mins before work while I watched downtown flag get dusted with another light layer of snow. It was the best morning Ive had in weeks.

Anybody used any thermal insoles?

I love doing this.

i traced my insoles and cutup some foam trays to add under regular insoles. helped a lot. some thinsulate something or others would prob be swell as well.

Wool felt insoles from Farm&Fleet. Best couple of bucks you can spend.

i traced my insoles and cutup some foam trays to add under regular insoles. helped a lot. some thinsulate something or others would prob be swell as well.[/quote]

Good idea. Someone did a pretty scientific roundup of those insoles a few years ago. Hell if I can find it now.

Assuming your shoes can fit them.

Not sure why but I’m considering knocking out the Festive 500 this year.

Ever seen that bubble wrap that’s faced with mylar? I keep meaning to make some insoles using that.

Im going to, but with a combo of So Cal and Death Valley riding.