Wool Appreciation Thread. Fuck your rain gear.

i did the same thing all last winter. found a super holey h&m sweater that used to belong to my roommate. wore it under a tshirt. BAM.

u only poop once a week too?
or maybe use wet wipes?

cookie needs to know about you poopin’.

I love wool, but the idea that riding in wool means you don’t need rain gear is silly. You’re still going to get wet if you don’t have a fucking raincoat on.

yeah everytime i ride in wool in the rain i get just as wet as with some other clothing on.
maybe a little warmer.

i have these two badass winter coats that i ride in when it’s cool and they work awzm in the rain (not both at the same time though).
wool on the back and the backsides of the sleeves.
somekind of poly or something on the front to break the wind and keep water out.

wool is good if it is just sprinkling
u stay pretty dry
but if it rain hard you gonna get wet

riding with a drizzle and a flannel my experience has been that i’ll get a little wet but it seems as though my body heat keeps it in check. i’ve seen steam rising from my shoulders before.

and how the hell is showering only when i feel dirty related to pooping less frequently?

edit: oh, i get it. it’s called wiping. i used to work in a dry cleaner and people would bring all their clothes to us, including undies, and apparently some people never got the hang of this trick, they probably need to clean more often. but i’m pretty competent at this technique.

but what about dingleberries

oh crap, do i need to explain toilet paper to you too?

[quote=stiffytruck]wool is good if it is just sprinkling
u stay pretty dry
but if it rain hard you gonna get wet[/quote]

And it stays wet, too. If you’re commuting and planning for rain bring an extra wool in a plastic bag, cuz you’re gonna need it on the ride home.

how do wool jersey sizing go

if i wear a size small club champ sys sizing
do i go for a small wool jersey, or a medium
because most don’t specify if its a small race or anything

[quote=klondikebear]how do wool jersey sizing go

if i wear a size small club champ sys sizing
do i go for a small wool jersey, or a medium
because most don’t specify if its a small race or anything[/quote]

go for what it measures.
that wool jersey i was talkin about is actually a size “V” and it measured 45cm across the armpits i think it was…

Wool pants? Instead of jeans? Anyone got options < $100?

[quote=Rusty Piton]
http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/CLOOMER/on-one-100-percent-merino-wool-ls-top[/quote]

BA but holy shipping.

surplus army wool knickers.
usually under $20.

i got some wool garbadine dress pants from a thrift store for like $10. they were pretty sweet but they didn’t take long to wear a hole in the ass (fragile when wet i think).

anyone tried moncler jackets for rain?

[quote=kyle!][quote=Rusty Piton]
http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/CLOOMER/on-one-100-percent-merino-wool-ls-top[/quote]

BA but holy shipping.[/quote]
Yeah, but I was ordering a frame anyway so adding this didn’t ad to the shipping.
Actually I don’t remember the shipping being unreasonable at all.
Like fifty bucks to ship a frame from England.

there was some chrome merino wool sweatshirt dealy on ebay, was going to buy but went way over what i wanted to pay for it

so now recommend me one that’s similar
http://www.chromebagsstore.com/apparel/mens-apparel/cobra.html?c=124

under $100 please

surplus army wool knickers.
usually under $20.[/quote]

knickers =/= pants