worst bicycle mistakes you've ever made

I thought I had it figured out but the closer I get I get lost…
Wish there were open minded fitters out here.

lmao this

sol I don’t think that’s the “worst” of your bicycle mistakes…

[quote=Rusty Piton]Do you still have that bag you made with the little dudes on it and on each dude was a letter and all the letters spelled out “IDIOTS”?
Cause I’ll buy that shit right now.[/quote]

lol I kinda promised it to someone and it’s also a bit worn/old style. I could always make another one…my embroidery is way better than used to be. The “IDIOTS” are actually the idiots of “ID”, industrial design department at school.

[quote=Rusty Piton]Do you still have that bag you made with the little dudes on it and on each dude was a letter and all the letters spelled out “IDIOTS”?
Cause I’ll buy that shit right now.[/quote]
She does indeed. I saw it in person the other day. Speaking of which, I gotta put my bag order in otherwise I doubt it’ll be ready before I really need it!
Edit: I got owned… Reaction time toooo slow!

[quote=octopus magic]thinking that I could just use duct tape as a shim from 25.6 to 26.00mm.

PS: You can’t.

[/quote]

electrical tape, on the other hand, works fine. i was sketched out at first putting 22.2 bars in a 26.0 stem using pbr cans and electrical tape. and yet, it held up just fine.

[quote=beargrinder][quote=octopus magic]thinking that I could just use duct tape as a shim from 25.6 to 26.00mm.

[/quote]

electrical tape, on the other hand, works fine. i was sketched out at first putting 22.2 bars in a 26.0 stem using pbr cans and electrical tape. and yet, it held up just fine.[/quote]
Electrical tape did not work for me in making my seatpost grab to my saddle rails better so it doesn’t always slide forward. Stupid cheap ass seatpost.

[quote=octopus magic]thinking that I could just use duct tape as a shim from 25.6 to 26.00mm.

Rounding out hex axle bolts.

Getting hit by a car and breaking my left hand and right wrist. :frowning:

Not racing my bicycle 2 years ago as much as I am now when I got it.[/quote]

JUST THOSE TWO FOR ME

P.S. - glad you’re well again. being injured sucks.

Still making plenty of mistakes. Can’t pick a worst one just yet

Yeah, let’s not forget riding motomess w/o tires and splitting open face.

Me: Leaving teh misfit out in rain, letting its frame fill with water that froze and eventually asploded chainstay. RIP.

Selling my mountain bike and keeping my sick fixie. Feeling a bit better now that I’m digging the geared setup on the conversion.

Not getting a damned receipt when I donated a couple grand worth of bike shit to the coop before we moved out here.

Not saving all of the oddball, hard to find stuff when I was loading up the donate boxes.

Not many bike regrets that aren’t centered around the purge before we moved here. I didn’t make a lot of rookie mistakes because I’m a stickler for numbers and stuff like that.

[quote=aerobear]letting white folks work on my bike

LOL JK[/quote]

dude tell me about it, i have to ride my jalopies like everyday

pwrbttm just lost the forum, damn.
worst thing i ever did was ride with my pro fit for a week straight even though my shit was killing me. shit still bothers me from time to time.

[quote=white folks][quote=aerobear]letting white folks work on my bike

LOL JK[/quote]

dude tell me about it, i have to ride my jalopies like everyday[/quote]

sometimes brent asks me what i think are dumb questions, like when i am doing something to my kilo

"did you framesaver this?’
uh

“did you chase the threads after you painted it?”
uh

“did you grease this?”

i tell him to assume the worst…

buying a road bike when the money was needed for other things

painting my vintage roadie and then never doing any maintenance to it.

Getting a frame powdercoated and then realizing upon further inspection that it had been wrecked at some point. But at least I was able to sell it and break even.

locked it to a sign post the was not anchored in the ground … by by bike HY I got it back

continually not selling my bmx and getting something more useful because I am not coordinated enough to ever have much fun with it.