Wow, this shit is all different now! (Hi.) (Townie musing.)

[quote=walrus]the pull ratios are the same for the rear.

[/quote]
sry bro but this is not true.

http://www.amazon.com/SRAM-Rival-Time-Trial-Shifter/dp/B0050GPCCK
these would work (i are tarcking and feeding baby or would make moar concise poasts)

[quote=walrus]sram makes nice 10 speed bar ends which are carbon and return to the center after every shift. totes awesome, but expensive. i imagine shimano 10sp units will work fine for less money since the front is friction and the pull ratios are the same for the rear.

if you go with the north roads, consider the tektro fl750’s. they look like old school mafac levers without the bullshittery.
[/quote]

Schram shifters on Thumbies x these atmo.

But I still think this is a dumb idea for the record.

Pretty sure the SRAM return-to-center shifters won’t work on thumbies, whereas the Shimano bar-ends will as they’ll mount to standard downtube bosses.

A new rear mech is cheap.

they have a sram option for thumbies, although i don’t know the details.
and you need an adapter to mount the shimano dts to the shimano thumbie. the mtb are made for barcons.
i think road may fit dts but i’m not sure.

i’ve never used Thumbies. Do I want Thumbies over ba®cons?

Universal says they will… Universal Cycles -- Nitto North Road CroMo Bar [B352EX 550MM]

weird… conflicting reports all over. But QBP says the aluminum ones WILL accept barcons.

For townie-type bars I think your hands will be in a better position to use Thumbies. According to the Paul site they work with the Shrams.

There is an alloy version of the Schram bar end shifter if you don’t want to ball out of control.

[quote=EJ]http://www.sram.com/sram/road/products/500-tt-shifter
[/quote]

[quote=tarckeemoon]For townie-type bars I think your hands will be in a better position to use Thumbies. According to the Paul site they work with the Shrams.

There is an alloy version of the Schram bar end shifter if you don’t want to ball out of control.[/quote]

That looks pretty fucking sexy.

What brake levers should I go with?

And why do you think this is a bad idea?

Nothing wrong with a bike set up this way per se, I just wouldn’t do it with the BJ. I just think it’s a waste of an awesome bike.

If it’s going to make it more usable for you while you recover though I’m all for it.

[quote=tarckeemoon]Nothing wrong with a bike set up this way per se, I just wouldn’t do it with the BJ. I just think it’s a waste of an awesome bike.

If it’s going to make it more usable for you while you recover though I’m all for it.[/quote]

right on.

Am I to late with this link?
http://store.interlocracing.com/irdxcth.html

[quote=tarckeemoon]For townie-type bars I think your hands will be in a better position to use Thumbies. According to the Paul site they work with the Shrams.

There is an alloy version of the Schram bar end shifter if you don’t want to ball out of control.[/quote]

Look at me being all wrong and shit.

Get the thumbies.

You have to order the Schrams version though.

Also lulz at silver shifter adapters.

Everything’s bought! Everyone’s too late!

I got Thumbies, SRAM TT shift levers, the Tektro brake levers, a hi rise stem, and 2 different VO bars.

thanks for all the input, y’all!

^^^ Like err, +1 ummm ok…yeah

sweet. those IRDs are stupidly priced higher than thumbie + barends

[quote=EJ][quote=walrus]the pull ratios are the same for the rear.

[/quote]
sry bro but this is not true.[/quote]

shit you’re right. i’m a mechanic at a shop too, i should be ashamed.

stoked to see this build. townies are always the best.

i don’t understand how you can ryde with those bars. all the cool kids ryde townie bars around here and i’ll jump on a bike now and then and feel like i’m steering a boat in shallow water. mtb bars can get you pretty upright.