Yamaguchis

Ha! I can’t believe I missed that.

I just like the idea of being able to run it geared or fixed. But I got in touch with Yamaguchi and have decided to get a messenger frameset, but probably with a bit different fork. Thinking about a curved seat tube, too, but I’ll have to ask what that costs.

please can you link the argument! I don’t know where to start about finding it

are you gonna have him build a bike around a carbon fork?
you can get a straight or curved steel fork with a messenger frame
are getting lugged or filet brazed?

I was thinking an Aero track with curved seat tube…

[quote=“dooktruck”]are you gonna have him build a bike around a carbon fork?
you can get a straight or curved steel fork with a messenger frame
are getting lugged or filet brazed?[/quote]
By ‘different fork’ I only meant a different crown, like this one. Ideally I want a brazed frame with carbon fork, but he said no carbon track frames which I think includes the messenger. Since this will almost always be used on the street I’d really prefer carbon, but I’m probably going to end up with 1 1/8" steel threadless so I can at least swap stuff out quickly. Curved vs. straight depends on whether or not I get it fillet brazed. If I do, then I’ll go with a straight fork. For a lugged frame I’ll do curved. Also probably going to get stainless steel ‘plates’ put on the track and fork ends.

So, a bit of this depends on the cost of fillet versus lugged.

i think the price is the same for lugged or filet

Now to decide between Waterford, Yamaguchi, Bob Jackson (ohhh Arrowhead lugs) or Mercian (for the cost factor)

i wouldn’t do bob jackson.
yamaguchi could get the arrowhead lugs i’m sure.

Get a Kilo TT and be done with it.

Why is it that so many people dislike Bob Jackson on here? You can get them in pretty much any color combination that you can think of, many different lug sets, etc.

ALL :bear: the Kilo TT

what does :bear: mean?

Shut your piehole. You and your blasphemous bullshit should leave because you’re certainly not wanted here.

[quote="(|)"]yeah i used to think that bike was pretty cool.
i like something like this better though.
[/quote]

YES

That thread on the old timey board that had all those pics of old TT bikes was amazing.

I looked at my bike after seeing those and was like :colbert: .

Anybody got a link to it or some place with those pictures?

I can’t even search BF anymore, since I’m banned. So I Googled “visitordesign yamaguchi dutret” and found this.

It’s not as scathing as I remembered it, but I do recall the bike coming up a few more times in the New Yorkers vs. dutret arguments.

I can’t even search BF anymore, since I’m banned. So I Googled “visitordesign yamaguchi dutret” and found this.

It’s not as scathing as I remembered it, but I do recall the bike coming up a few more times in the New Yorkers vs. dutret arguments.[/quote]

what did you get banned for?

Who knows?

their paint is nice.
i ordered a custom pista.
it just didn’t ride like i thought it should have given the spec’s i put on the order sheet. actually it was supposed to be the exact same geometry as the frame yamaguchi built for dooktruck but a little larger in frame size. the ride was completely different. i don’t know why for sure but i’m pretty sure the fork had alot more rake than i asked for. front center seemed a bit long.
so i sold it and i have a much nicer riding frame and fork now…

i’m not really dissing them, just explaining my experience…and between a bob jackson, a yamaguchi, or waterford i know i wouldn’t choose bob jackson again.

shit, if a certain local framebuilder wasn’t so busy i’d take that extra fork by and see what the rake actually measures so i could say for sure…

Good to know. It’s darn hard for me to pass their quote up, $1550 for a Reynolds 853 pista, Arrowhead lugs, and a decent amount of chrome work. That would cost $3500 from Waterford. If I go Yamaguchi I am going a much different direction with the build.