Yamaguchis

Shut your piehole. You and your blasphemous bullshit should leave because you’re certainly not wanted here.[/quote]

Piehole?
Is that in reference to the Pie Lady?

Buy a Panasonic you hippie!

DH, I see you took my advice and went the custom Panasonic route. Too bad I’m broke and don’t need a new track bike, or else I might buy one from you!

Haha, is this your new thing DH? Shameless self plugs? I’m not knocking it, I’m glad someone got in on the idea. I’ve seriously considered taking out a small business loan next time my friends dad goes over to japan and filling up a shipping container with stuff to ship home and resell.

Im shameless anyway…so, yeah. :bear:

so is your deal that you can read kanji so you are ordering frames for people? I’ve honestly never looked at the panasonic site, so I’m assuming its all in kanji?

Koteigear and I are working together on this project.
He’s in Tokyo and I’m here.
I’ll be handling everything here, him there.

[quote=“deathhare”]Koteigear and I are working together on this project.
He’s in Tokyo and I’m here.
I’ll be handling everything here, him there.[/quote]

ah alright.
thats sweet.

I’ll trade you a pie for a panasonic.

Also, I’m tempted by this deal. But I am definitely getting a Yamaguchi.

Uh, Yamaguchis are made in Cambodia out of recycled shopping bike tubing.
Everyone knows that. Thats why some of them are missing tubes or have curved ones.
They sometimes run out of pipe and just say fuck it.

For example, this one:

DeathHare,
can we have the flip flop colors as an option as well?

I don’t have the ends for it now but I do want one… when…who knows?, I just got another frame to waste my money on… ? :colbert:

tdhk

[quote=“tdhk”]DeathHare,
can we have the flip flop colors as an option as well?

I don’t have the ends for it now but I do want one… when…who knows?, I just got another frame to waste my money on… ? :colbert:

tdhk[/quote]

I hate to highjack this thread with Panasonic infoz.
I think youre asking about the Aurora colors because they arent on our site as options.
It’s possible but those colors require more money and were trying to make things as cheap as we can. I mean they offer Titanium tubing too and other crazy stuff but the price skyrockets.
If you have other questions ask me in the marketplace thread i made of this or PM me. :bear:

Cambodia needs our business more than the nips.

But once I get a job I may be interested. I’m trying to get the yamaguchi fillet brazed, but with stainless ends like the Panasonic. The lugs on the Panasonic look real nice (and I dig the seat clamp). What’s with the shiny/not-shiny color swatches? Can you get a matte finish or is it just trying to represent various lighting?

edit: you can answer in the other thread if you want, but i don’t care. Also, you should have told me about this a week ago before I started the Yamaguchi process.

Yeah there are a lot of finish types really.
The solid is just solid and is glossy as youd expect.
The Pearl are just very rich colors with a pearl mix in the paint. Imagine a more creamy white pearl mixed in. Very hard to explain but really beautiful.
The metallic is just that. Like most cars are nowadays. Tiny tiny metallic flake paint
Luster is like the look of colored, glossy aluminum. Thats how they describe it. I havent seen one of these in person.

Yeah, but solid blue (for example) has two sides to it; one that’s made to look shiny, the other to look more matte. Are shiny/matte actually options, or is it just trying to present the color in different lights?

I see what you mean. I think its just differing lights.
As i just posted in my other thread in the marketplace, I will soon be uploading on the site actual images of the frames in the available colors. It will take some time for me to scan them all in but this should help people visualize the colors much better.

DH, you can’t get custom geometry on the panasonics?
they all have like a 72.5 or 73.5* head angle and 40mm rake.

[quote=“SteveSentMe”]Cambodia needs our business more than the nips.

But once I get a job I may be interested. I’m trying to get the yamaguchi fillet brazed, but with stainless ends like the Panasonic. The lugs on the Panasonic look real nice (and I dig the seat clamp). What’s with the shiny/not-shiny color swatches? Can you get a matte finish or is it just trying to represent various lighting?

edit: you can answer in the other thread if you want, but i don’t care. Also, you should have told me about this a week ago before I started the Yamaguchi process.[/quote]

you won’t be disappointed with a yamaguchi
i’ve seen frames that he has made with fastback seat stays like the panasonics
but i don’t know if he would do it on a messenger frame
because the seat stays are huge i think the fastback lugs wouldn’t work
ask yamaguchi about the fastback seatstays he might be able to do it
i’ve seen pics of people who went to his frame school using the same fast back seat stays as the panasonics
also i’ve heard of those fastback seatstays breaking not on a panasonic
but on some other frames
they are nice looking though

i agree those panasonics didn’t have the angles i wanted or the rake

[quote=“deathhare”]Uh, Yamaguchis are made in Cambodia out of recycled shopping bike tubing.
Everyone knows that. Thats why some of them are missing tubes or have curved ones.
They sometimes run out of pipe and just say fuck it.

For example, this one:

[/quote]

also he couldn’t even get teh tire sizes right
wtf
that front one smaller

like this bike

I have yet to see a yamaguchi I don’t like. And I love his logo.