You stupid fucking frat boy piece of shit

That’s twisted. The logic of some of you fucking people is disturbing. Yes, there are lot of motorists in the world that are assholes and as such it’s a glorious day that some fucking stupid kid falls out of a car and nearly dies?[/quote]

are you judging me because i like to see karma in action? get off your fucking tall bike…[/quote]

You get pleasure from seeing people get hurt?

Yes, I do get pleasure from seeing people get hurt when they do stupid shit. I’ve long since come to terms with being an asshole. I think most people enjoy seeing people getting hurt from dumb shit, that’s why they show it on TV all the time.

[quote=curiousincident]we’ve all done completely fucking moronic shit. doesn’t mean anybody deserves to die or that there could be anything good about that.

also, i’d have tried to spit blood on the dudes and tell them that i had the hiv.[/quote]

I’ve never done any completely moronic shit that was specifically intended to harm anyone. Also there is good to come of people that kill themselves while doing moronic shit, its called natural selection.

That’s twisted. The logic of some of you fucking people is disturbing. Yes, there are lot of motorists in the world that are assholes and as such it’s a glorious day that some fucking stupid kid falls out of a car and nearly dies?[/quote]

are you judging me because i like to see karma in action? get off your fucking tall bike…[/quote]

You get pleasure from seeing people get hurt?[/quote]

i see youre glued to your saddle…
if i must;
i get pleasure from really good feta cheese. witnessing karma gives me peace of mind. the peace of mind of knowing a person didn’t get away with a jackass action without a proper consequence to learn from, especially when it involves hurting others. it wouldn’t matter if he stubbed his toe or broke his neck. i would never say he deserves to die but he certainly deserves a consequence, any consequence. now please, get off my shit. i dont buy your “elevated” moral base for a single fucking second.

schadenfreude is why america’s funniest home videos is actually pretty entertaining, despite the best efforts of the unfunny hosts.

it’s also why shit like this is so funny:

you guys all sound like a buncha butthurt cyclefags.

get off the road fag!

its the bicycle equivalent of “do a kickflip”

i went to school in greensboro and this has uncg frat written all over it.

It was on UNCG campus, so…

[quote=fezdango]if i must;
i get pleasure from really good feta cheese. witnessing karma gives me peace of mind. the peace of mind of knowing a person didn’t get away with a jackass action without a proper consequence to learn from, especially when it involves hurting others. it wouldn’t matter if he stubbed his toe or broke his neck. i would never say he deserves to die but he certainly deserves a consequence, any consequence. now please, get off my shit. i dont buy your “elevated” moral base for a single fucking second.[/quote]

I’m not sure what it is about my elevated moral base you’re finding difficult to buy or how that’s even an issue here. I’m not trying to claim any moral high ground, but rather I’m trying to clear up some confusion you seem to have, which is to say, what happened to that kid was horrible and tragic, regardless of his motivations or lack of good judgment.

I never really understood Schadenfreude. It doesn’t seem rational to me. The video above just makes me cringe.

consequences will never be the same.

but they will always be effective. not saying everyone deserves face breakage to the tune of 10k in plastic surgery to be recognizable as a human again, just saying people that employ malicious and violent actions without cause or provocation deserve a very swift and meaningful type of just consequence.

the video sucks, and i think getting hurt from your own stupidity is bad regardless of how much of a jerk you’re being, but if he was going to make that kid crash off his bike i’m glad he gave his friends a good scare and maybe gave everyone a chance to realize that doing violent, malicious things for fun is a risky, stupid business.

it really doesn’t have much to do with the projectile beer can road assault at all. these frat bitches deserve jail, not a 20mph car to the face.

You get pleasure from seeing people get hurt?[/quote]

If you frame it as justice (sending people to prison hurts them too), most people would say yes.

if you put the term ‘u-lock’ in front of the term ‘justice’, 99.999% of all fixie kids will say ‘HELLL YEAAAH!!!’- regardless of whether it has anything to do with any kind of moral rightness.

I disagree. I think it’s closer to 40%, maybe closer to 80% in situations of legal difficulty/improbably law enforcement ability like the aforementioned scenario.

you don’t give fixie kids enough credit. they deserve a zesting of credit, usually.

a guy getting in a car accident because he threw a beer at you isn’t karma as far as i can tell. karma is like him being reincarnated as a rat because he was a jackass all this life.

also, i hope the police pursue these guys. call back occasionally to check up on the status of this, hell press charges if your friend saw it or something. the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Karma is a fucking stupid concept. I get that it’s being used in a loose sense here, but it’s still stupid. Just sayin.

/hater

there is no such thing as karma.
karma is administered by the person that finally gets sick of some asshole’s shit.
sometimes that person has to be you.

Now, that being said…

publicdata.com

I can access anyone in texas who attacks a cyclist.
I think NC is on that database as well. Find out who attacked you, contact your local attorney and file assault charges. You should go to a doctor and ahve your lip checked out. Maybe get it stitched. Make them pay for it.

Sometimes I wish I was an attorney just so I could go after jackholes like that.

You have all entered the philosophical discussion of what is justice.

1. The reason that an eye for an eye isn’t ever possible is because (as Heath has sort of pointed out) if someone throws a beer bottle at you, you determine that their “eye” if you will, is the kid falling out of a moving vehicle into a parked car. While you may equate that as “justice” it is in fact a bad choice, because it is to say that the punishment does NOT have to fit the crime, and it is also why in our adversarial justice system (except in louisianna) we utilize an independent adjudicator.

There are laws. They are designed to protect you. Use them.

Street justice makes you nothing more than a common thug of which I am certain nearly all of you are better than. This isn’t some fucking hipster internet bullshit, this is tarck, a quick witted snide community that uses logic and reasoning to explain to someone why theyre a fucking moron. Any piece of shit can enact vengeance, but tarck is more clever than that.

Also, wishing ill on someone because they’ve done something wrong is the same philosophy that is running through fratboys head when they decide to throw a beer bottle at your face. You are better than that.

1. As for law enforcement. (my caveat is that different states have different laws) If you phone the police after an assault, but you have no measurable means of proof (that is to say, you are not visibly injured) they are doing you a favor by being there and doing nothing. The case would never make it to trial and you would have to watch the individual get off scott free. If you are in fact injured, there is measurable evidence. The police however are tasked with protecting a large group of citizens. To this end, putting a flag on their plates is likely the best that they could do. The officer knows that the kids have probably hidden the vehicle, and that they’ll have to drive it again at some later date. The officer was likely looking for such vehicles, and will continue to look for such vehicles in the coming week. There is unfortunately no way of knowing who was driving the vehicle or who actually hit you in the face without a name or something and as such, no warrant could be issued.

I suspect I had other points to make, but I’ve forgotten or integrated them.

As we’ve discussed many a time on this site, ulock justice is a novel concept, but it’s not worth getting shot over. <— paraphrased.

It also makes you no better than your adversaries.

if someone throws a beer bottle at me, i’m smashing their window if I catch them.

I don’t care about trying to be “better” than anyone. I’m not. I’m as much of a weak human being as they are.