You stupid fucking frat boy piece of shit

TC: i once returned a thrown, unopened beer car through the rear window of said drive by car. i gtfo’d quickly, and felt like superman.

I remember being bullied as a kid. Hard. By the same type that faceplanted the car. If you didn’t notice, he was opening the door to hit some kid half his size on a bike. I’d bet money those little kids were terrified of those punks.

Did he need to almost die to learn his lesson? No, but I’m not gonna lie…I laughed at the video, and I would only feel so bad if I knew him. Kids like that never realize what they do to other people, ever. The law of averages caught up with him, and he learned the hard way.

One time I got harassed by a car full of drunk bros, throwing been cans, shouting “fag” at me, for over a mile. I couldn’t shake them. I managed to break away and talk to the Police but they didn’t help. I ended up riding home instead of enjoying my fucking bike ride. What pisses me off isn’t so much that they were harassing me, but rather the fear I felt that lingered much, much longer. I cried myself to sleep that night and hated myself for feeling so weak. Fuck them. U lock justice next time amirite?

I’m pretty sure the first loud knock sound is the door hitting the kid on the bike. The guys in the car are sociopathic assholes and that guy got what he fucking deserved. Someone once tried a drive-by dooring on me, and I wished to god they would hit something and lose that leg they were holding the door open with. Wanting justice doesn’t make me a sicko, they’re the fuck ups who think that sort of shit is ok to do to another human being.

I noticed what happened, I read the back story and understand the context of all that happened. It’s really easy to jump to a conclusion and use that child’s misfortune as a set of circumstances upon which to project one’s own emotional baggage.

I’m pretty sure the first loud knock sound is the door hitting the kid on the bike. The guys in the car are sociopathic assholes and that guy got what he fucking deserved. Someone once tried a drive-by dooring on me, and I wished to god they would hit something and lose that leg they were holding the door open with. Wanting justice doesn’t make me a sicko, they’re the fuck ups who think that sort of shit is ok to do to another human being.[/quote]

Revenge is a beautiful thing. I can only speak about it on a aesthetic level. Not a moral or logical one.

I’m pretty sure the first loud knock sound is the door hitting the kid on the bike. The guys in the car are sociopathic assholes and that guy got what he fucking deserved. Someone once tried a drive-by dooring on me, and I wished to god they would hit something and lose that leg they were holding the door open with. Wanting justice doesn’t make me a sicko, they’re the fuck ups who think that sort of shit is ok to do to another human being.[/quote]

drive by doorings suck, but the story from the cameraman and the smashed face dude was that the guys on the bike were the friends of the kids in the car. the guy in the video saw his friends riding their bikes and wanted to smack them upside the head, joking around style. however the window wouldn’t roll down far enough for him to lean out enough to get the distance needed. so he opened the door, slipped too far out, and smashed his face into the car.

the first thunk is the door hitting the parked car, which is what it bounced off of causing it to close again. that’s the reason the video went public, it was submitted to the insurance company to explain the damage to the parked car, and somewhere in the process it was uploaded to the interwebs.

you have the injury documented with the police? maybe get some notarized pictures and something signed by your friend saying he witnessed it, put the case number on it. notarize all that why not.

vigilante justice feels good, and there’s times i want to just fuck someone up that’s messed with me, but being a civilized society it’s best to follow more legal channels

kill em with kindness tarck, kill em with kindness.
someone called me a fag and told me to get on the sidewalk last night.
i told them
“thank you very much sir”

[quote=oogens]drive by doorings suck, but the story from the cameraman and the smashed face dude was that the guys on the bike were the friends of the kids in the car. the guy in the video saw his friends riding their bikes and wanted to smack them upside the head, joking around style. however the window wouldn’t roll down far enough for him to lean out enough to get the distance needed. so he opened the door, slipped too far out, and smashed his face into the car.

the first thunk is the door hitting the parked car, which is what it bounced off of causing it to close again. that’s the reason the video went public, it was submitted to the insurance company to explain the damage to the parked car, and somewhere in the process it was uploaded to the interwebs.[/quote]

Two things. First of all, the kids on bikes are observably younger than the kids in the car by a number of years. Obviously this is purely an inference, but it’s hard to believe that the people in the car were anything other than bullies picking on younger kids playing on their bikes.

Secondly, the first thunk, at 0:05 is obviously not a parked car, it’s well in advance of the parked car. The sound is the door of a moving car hitting a kid, intentionally.

I’m genuinely curious, where did you read this explanation? I looked around and couldn’t find it anywhere.

it was posted in another thread somewhere, it’s on some comment thread on a forum.

I don’t remember the thread it was in, but Lucky posted a link from reddit.com with the explanation in there. I remember reading the reddit comments thread a couple weeks ago.

This. It’s amazing that they say they can’t do anything. Why don’t they just knock on the dude’s door and say something like: “We know what you did, and we’ve made a note of it. Try that again and you’re fucked.” I mean, wtf, it can’t hurt to give them some sort of warning, can it?[/quote]

If you don’t have any witnesses the police can’t do a lot. They got the plate and the cops can go to the guys house, but the guy can deny it and then nothing can be done. You also have to make sure you have a description of the driver; just because you have the plates doesn’t mean the owner of the vehicle was driving.

If you get into an incident you gotta get 4 things:

1. Their information
  2. All witnesses information
  3. A Police report
  4. A lawyer (preferably one who specializes in bicycle law)

It’s hard, in the heat of battle, to remember all four things, so write 'em down and stick 'em in your wallet so you make sure you get them all. Payouts will be your reward.

Yeah. Try to find some witnesses.

As I told the responding officer, this is exactly as much as I expected after they fled the scene. I admit that I was hoping to provoke them into doing something that would at least keep them there until the cops showed up, but since they left as my roommate was putting in the call, all I expected was to get it on the record in case I ever run into these kids again. I was pretty surprised that these five guys did just up and leave when confronted with their stupidity by two scrawny cyclists, given that they had just demonstrated their proclivities for violence. Then again, throwing a bottle at a cyclist from a moving vehicle is pretty fucking cowardly.

I assumed my u-lock justice comment would be taken for what it was - facetiousness borne of frustration. I don’t really think these kids deserve much in the way of retribution, but they at least need to learn that throwing a bottle at someone’s head while they are on a bike is a good way to cause a serious, serious accident.

ftfy. Should be, anyway.

[quote=bonechilling][quote=oogens]drive by doorings suck, but the story from the cameraman and the smashed face dude was that the guys on the bike were the friends of the kids in the car. the guy in the video saw his friends riding their bikes and wanted to smack them upside the head, joking around style. however the window wouldn’t roll down far enough for him to lean out enough to get the distance needed. so he opened the door, slipped too far out, and smashed his face into the car.

the first thunk is the door hitting the parked car, which is what it bounced off of causing it to close again. that’s the reason the video went public, it was submitted to the insurance company to explain the damage to the parked car, and somewhere in the process it was uploaded to the interwebs.[/quote]

Two things. First of all, the kids on bikes are observably younger than the kids in the car by a number of years. Obviously this is purely an inference, but it’s hard to believe that the people in the car were anything other than bullies picking on younger kids playing on their bikes.

Secondly, the first thunk, at 0:05 is obviously not a parked car, it’s well in advance of the parked car. The sound is the door of a moving car hitting a kid, intentionally.

I’m genuinely curious, where did you read this explanation? I looked around and couldn’t find it anywhere.[/quote]

In the explanation, the kid who made the video says the kid in the red shirt was twelve, then corrects himself and tries to say they’re all the same age. If they were the same age, the explanation would seem more likely (that they’re all friends and they just do that kinda shit goofing around), but I tend to lean toward your explanation and that they were just covering their asses later.

The kid who gets nailed in the face is only 14. In that respect, I do feel bad because we all did stupid shit when we were 14. But I do think in this instance this kid is NOT going to do it again. Had something fucked not happened, chances are at 19 he’d be one of those frat boys. But there’s no way to know. Some people figure their shit out… some don’t learn and end up doing the same stupid shit well into adulthood.

As I told the responding officer, this is exactly as much as I expected after they fled the scene. I admit that I was hoping to provoke them into doing something that would at least keep them there until the cops showed up, but since they left as my roommate was putting in the call, all I expected was to get it on the record in case I ever run into these kids again. I was pretty surprised that these five guys did just up and leave when confronted with their stupidity by two scrawny cyclists, given that they had just demonstrated their proclivities for violence. Then again, throwing a bottle at a cyclist from a moving vehicle is pretty fucking cowardly.

I assumed my u-lock justice comment would be taken for what it was - facetiousness borne of frustration. I don’t really think these kids deserve much in the way of retribution, but they at least need to learn that throwing a bottle at someone’s head while they are on a bike is a good way to cause a serious, serious accident.[/quote]

Agreed. Like if they wanted to fight me, I’d be more ok with that than a drive by. Because at least it’s fair.

To that… I just always envision u lock justice as putting the ball directly in their court. Not to mention the damage it does to an already stigmatized subculture of society.

1. They can likely more readily prove that your u-lock smashed up their car rather than you getting hit. Even if you could prove that you were hit, they now have a case against you in which they can leverage you into just dropping the charges.

2. I realized this one time when I was stopped at a light in my spandex and some chick beeped at me (not the friendly beep). I was having a shitty day and had already been verbally accosted by a number of motorists and I flipped out. I got off my bike and walked over to her window and started screaming about how I had just as much right to be there. It felt good for about 2 minutes but then I started realizing how completely stupid I looked and since it was a busy intersection, many other motorists likely lost some respect for cyclists right there as well.

Its horrible to think that something like your incident could happen to a human being. We’ve had a teammate get hit with a beer bottle and required stitches (in the face). My advice is when you’re standing in front of their car waiting for them to make a move while getting their information… humanize yourself. Make them think of you as less of an object and more of a human being. Ask them why they did that, I have a family and go to parties and school like you or some non stupid version of that.

The same way you fend off an animal attack by acting like a creature of the forest, perhaps the best way to fend off a human attack is to simply remind your assailer that you are a human?

I assumed my u-lock justice comment would be taken for what it was - facetiousness borne of frustration. I don’t really think these kids deserve much in the way of retribution, but they at least need to learn that throwing a bottle at someone’s head while they are on a bike is a good way to cause a serious, serious accident.[/quote]

Agreed. Like if they wanted to fight me, I’d be more ok with that than a drive by. Because at least it’s fair.

To that… I just always envision u lock justice as putting the ball directly in their court. Not to mention the damage it does to an already stigmatized subculture of society.

1. They can likely more readily prove that your u-lock smashed up their car rather than you getting hit. Even if you could prove that you were hit, they now have a case against you in which they can leverage you into just dropping the charges.

2. I realized this one time when I was stopped at a light in my spandex and some chick beeped at me (not the friendly beep). I was having a shitty day and had already been verbally accosted by a number of motorists and I flipped out. I got off my bike and walked over to her window and started screaming about how I had just as much right to be there. It felt good for about 2 minutes but then I started realizing how completely stupid I looked and since it was a busy intersection, many other motorists likely lost some respect for cyclists right there as well.

Its horrible to think that something like your incident could happen to a human being. We’ve had a teammate get hit with a beer bottle and required stitches (in the face). My advice is when you’re standing in front of their car waiting for them to make a move while getting their information… humanize yourself. Make them think of you as less of an object and more of a human being. Ask them why they did that, I have a family and go to parties and school like you or some non stupid version of that.

The same way you fend off an animal attack by acting like a creature of the forest, perhaps the best way to fend off a human attack is to simply remind your assailer that you are a human?[/quote]

Don’t mistake any of my comments as a lack of sympathy/empathy though. What happened to you was horrible and I hope they die in a fire. lol.

Convince them that i’m human as well?
I assume that when a bunch of crackers pull up in their truck and call me a chink and ask me about my penis size that i should convince them that i’m human as well?

[quote=tzusing]Convince them that i’m human as well?
I assume that when a bunch of crackers pull up in their truck and call me a chink and ask me about my penis size that i should convince them that i’m human as well?[/quote]

Probably best just to run at that point. Unless you like the idea of taking on four or five crackers. I know I like that idea.

Moral high ground, I have none.