Your favorite cranks.

RD chainline can a pain.

Edit: “Can a pain” WTF?

Fuck RDs I had such problems with chainline when I first got them. I think I’d just get the XD’s next time

I like the RDs I have, but they are older. I guess I am not overly concerned with a chainline that is off by a millimeter or two, anyway. I am not into paying too much for cranks, so they suit me pretty well.

I don’t get what everybody’s moaning about with the RD chainline. I’ve never had any problems at all and I’ve had three sets on various bikes at various times.

I have them on two bikes. No problems.

I probably wouldn’t have had problems if I could have moved the chainring to the inner position but it was so close to the chainstay on the outter ring there was no way it would fit on the inside, so I had to space out my cog.

The Paul stuff looks nice, but I wonder how they feel.
I’ve got a Miche setup, but its gold so Im getting rid of it.
For now the Sugino XD or whatever that came on my Fremont is good enough for me.

I want to have something like this made.

^ - That would be the worst crank ever made in the history of the world.

I’d have to respectfully disagree and say while it is a beautiful expression of art it also looks practical and useful for every day riding.

Edit: I am clearly joking and that shit is terrible.

It wouldnt be very awesome for tarck use, but would certainly look pretty.

Who made that crap anyways? They’re certainly doing a good job of latching onto every single fixed gear stereotype.

Signed my mike giant down there in the lower right.

Oh. I can’t read that anyways.

And I don’t know who that is.

http://www.mikegiant.com/

Fuck you and your problem-free RDs. Apparently, there’s a new and an old version. With the new version it’s difficult to get a “perfect” chainline with a 42mm hub. One could argue whether a perfect chainline is necessary. I got a Surly cog (on a formula hub) as it seemed to be about the widest cog I could find. I hoped to get the chainline spaced out enough to use the outer position on the RD. That’s what I’ve done and the chainline is off by a millimeter or two. Acceptable, but not perfect. If I put chainring on the inner position, it’s off by several millimeters and is loud as hell. I could probably put a spacer on the cog to get things lined up perfectly. I think the painful part is that one can’t really get a shorter bottom bracket to move the chainline around.

I am think omniums are going to be the choice they are so simple and available online to boot.

Sugino RDs. I need to get my dirty fingers on a set and I can’t find em anywhere.

I just got this. Only have a couple miles on em (like 8) but they feel and look fucking nice. I was told to go for these instead of 75’s. I think I’m glad I did.

i think anyime you have to use the chainring on the inner arms of the spider it’s pretty annoying. ill be in the market for better cranks soon, so ill check this thread often. i hate riding with my friend that had suntour superbe pros… they are so so nice

Anyone ever install the gxp type BB without the fancy tool, I am thinking a big set of channel locks would do it.