Your favorite cranks.

Omniums are butter on the track and at work. affordable and super durable. external bottom bracket is a dream. i run these on a standard pake track frame and the only problems ive encountered are chainline issues because of the size of the bottom bracket. however this is easily fixed with a couple spacers on the rear hub. if you are a financially strapped messenger (like myself) and cant afford the S-75’s go with omnium: $250 US and that’s including the external BB.

I just got a set of barely used Omniums for RD price. So, come December I’ll tell you all about them.

my omniums are pretty solid

:colbert:

I just built my landshark up with omniums and absolutely love them. I also went with the 167.5 length instead of 160.

Ive ridden 75s for close to 5 years and have nothing bad to say about them. very nice cranks. mine are basically unrecognizable now. the arms are almost mirror polished now from years of strap rub. still love em.

Just buy the tool, you cheap bastard.

Hehe. that would just be too easy.

I installed mine with a Hozan lockring wrench. Only issue is that you’re not likely to get full torque that way.

I really like Stronglight cranksets. Especially the older ones (I have seen them with carbon fiber on the chainrings), they are beautiful.

I think i can hack 55 lb ft with a big pair of channel locks, if it looks hairy I can LBS it if I gotta.

whoa, minus the inner ring, those are hot. well…hot like that too.

i think this guy messes or something…
though i’m pretty sure good cranks wouldnt be “butter” as that implies flex/give for a soft ride. Also, any benefits you would normally feel in stiffness or performance from those cranks is negated by the limp noodle bottom bracket clusters on those pakes.
why not just buy a set of cranks that gets the job done and isnt a status symbol?

Omniums and 75’s are basically the same price around here. $220 or something like that for the Omniums and $230-250 for 75’s (with a chainring of your choice). No bottom bracket with the 75’s, but id assume you’d already have one on your bike. I liek the external BB on the Omniums, I know someone with a bare Ti track frame running these and it’s like the terminator bike.

though i’m pretty sure good cranks wouldnt be “butter” as that implies flex/give for a soft ride. Also, any benefits you would normally feel in stiffness or performance from those cranks is negated by the limp noodle bottom bracket clusters on those pakes.
why not just buy a set of cranks that gets the job done and isnt a status symbol?[/quote]

I gotta say that omniums are hardly a status symbol. I mean who wants to spend money on a nice frame and then use some janky origin8 cranks.

why not just buy a set of cranks that gets the job done and isnt a status symbol?[/quote]

I gotta say that omniums are hardly a status symbol. I mean who wants to spend money on a nice frame and then use some janky origin8 cranks.[/quote]

spending 220 on cranks to ride on the street, on a pake, which nullifiesany benefits you would feel, makes it a status symbol.

You woulnd’t understand dude, it’s a messenger thing.

I put omniums on my shoes so when I am walking people know whats up. The riding benefits I get from walking around with onmniums are paramount.

Word. I strap my 3Rensho to my back instead of locking it up so people know whats up, and when I’m riding my 3Rensho I strap my Reminton to my back.

Good move. I’m thinking that you might need to get two rivendells then.

Rivendell tallbike