You're gunna hurt yourself: Carry Shit Olympics (aka the Cargo Bike thread)

whats happening here? taking the bike to the { } ?

Rode black bike to work, started raining and caught a ride home. Rode in on the pink bike to bring the black bike home.

2 Likes

Modular

Roto Grip 16#
Brunswick 15#

5 Likes

Turned out perfect!

2 Likes

That’s a lot of money for a 36 volt system

This is really cool. Actually like the look of it more than the crust jawn

isn’t that from like 2011?

1 Like

Does anyone here have experience with a Muli? / Knows any obvious flaws with one?

I basically want a compact Bullitt and the Muli seems pretty perfect for my needs.

Advantages:

• It’s super short**
  • It’s narrow with the bucket folded up
  • Weight is down low
  • I prefer the aesthetics of bakfiets/frontloaders

Disadvantages:

• Small wheels => maybe rougher ride?
  • Seems like a pain to source in the USA => $$$

** IMO this is one of the biggest advantages of the GSD. It’s short and you can stand it up vertically to fit in a compact spot in your flat. The Muli is one of the shortest front loaders with a relatively large bucket.

EDIT: You get quite a bit of platform space with the Muli, considering it’s <2m long vs the Bullitt at almost 2.5m. Granted, the Bullitt doesn’t have sides so you can carry a much wider load.

3 Likes

New guy is just the kind of nerd we like here

Might be properly nerdy, but still gotta post in the new person thread first.

3 Likes

You have to post your bike in the new guy thread before we can haze you properly

Only allowed me to include one picture so I had to pick wisely.

1 Like

Go back and post a DS photo against a neutral background like a garage door

Also we have folx in SF, you may required to meet

1 Like

Jesus fuck I see why you’re urgent to buy a cargo bike.
Dual 406 longjohn feels really nice. Instant acceleration and your dyno light is at full blast at like two mph

3 Likes

I believe the front wheel on the Muli is even smaller…it’s a 16"er! The one in the back is a more standard 20" one.

3 Likes

16” wheel is a total deal breaker for me.
I just ordered this box an canopy setup from Splendid Cycles in Portland because this stuff is just unavailable in Chicago apparently.

(Just the box and canopy, not the bike. Though I do wish my Bullitt was green or really any color other than white)

2 Likes

Spray.bike exists

1 Like

And it’s far and away the worst spray paint I’ve ever used in any application.
Also, I said “I wish my bike was a color other than white”.
You’ll note that I didn’t say “I wish I could spend ten hours disassembling my bike, painting it with shitty paint that sucks and then reassembling it only for it to now look worse than before and now it has a mystery creak for some reason.”

12 Likes