You're gunna hurt yourself: Carry Shit Olympics (aka the Cargo Bike thread)

Hell yeah! The city provides!

1 Like

the santa hat is the karmic debt you have to pay for the bin that the universe provided

6 Likes

HY serendipity. But if anyone else is in the same boat Target sells that sort of thing, I got one without locking lid for like $15 a few years back, fits perfectly on my cargo with a strap to hold it down.

This looks like exactly what I need. The 27 gallon hdx bin I’ve been using is so broken.

have we seen this here?

1 Like

There a few models like that, I could see it being good for making a slide in slide out cargo box.

Using a 622mm wheel on the front of the Ginkgo is totally clowntown, though.

1 Like

yeah it seems like a smaller front wheel design would have made a lot more sense, though a good way to keep the cargo weight low without having a heavier, stiffer bakfiets design

1 Like

I think it’s kinda neat in a ridiculous way. You’re not carrying a kid on the main cargo area after they get too tall tho. Only option is to have twins and carry them both at the same time.

Your kids are gonna be bouncing their noggins off that top tube

when they get too tall to sit upright, they get to recline and pedal backwards

2 Likes

If someone wanted to design a cargo bike that was not good at carrying any sort of cargo, they’d design that.
A rockhopper with a 139 on the front and a kid seat on the back would be more useful by far.

3 Likes

I feel like it would be rad for some sort intra-city delivery where you had a set size you could work with but yeah not for moving people

Also it looks insanely easy to kick the frame if you out your feet on the pedals the same way I do which… Seems like an oversight

I hadn’t seen this cycletruck before. It’s not new, pics on the builders flickr date back to 2013. Not cheap at 2.6 bongs for the frameset.

Imgur

There’s some cargo bikes of other geometry too.

1 Like

Ahearne had a similarly priced frameset from around then. I’m ok with a cycletruck costing more than a road or track frameset, but in a world wherein exactly one mainstream bike company is making a cheap-as-hell cycletruck at any given time, I don’t really see the point.

In general custom cargo seems a little misplaced, but I say this as someone who’s making a custom bag for their cycletruck while waiting for their framebuilder to finish making a custom seatpost for their longjohn, so what do I know.

2 Likes

Have folks seen this absolute yoonit of a cargo mini?

8 Likes

U r not a :snowflake:

1 Like

No I totally am, just not about this, somehow.

All my cargo bikes have had no name components and 1x8 or 3x8 drivetrains.

i love the idea of a front-loader cargo bike that’s no longer than a normal bicycle, but eensy 18"/16" rims and tires (355mm/305mm BSD) is a hard sell

1 Like

There IS an actual tandem from the 70s/80s with similar geometry to this one (also @JUGE_FREDD didnt you try to get one?)

But imagine the stoker seat tube is more realistic and the steering is a linkage. The captain is cargo

I feel like if you remove the stoker you basically have a modern rivendell in Dunkin’ livery

3 Likes