You're gunna hurt yourself: Carry Shit Olympics (aka the Cargo Bike thread)

I know not everyone has some ex-messengers with a coworking space to build them cheap cargo bikes, but taking an old mtb that fit me really well as a all terrain do it all carry shit bike and chopping off the front to make a cargo bike made a cargo bike that fits really well.

Sounds about right.
If I send those guys my Big Red, will they turn it into a Big Pink for me?

this bike is just so, so good.

Well I’m 6’2" but my wife is 5’7" and ideally we could both ride it with a dropper post.

I would not be surprised. They don’t seem to have gone full production like they were talking last year when building mine as the final preproduction model. Main guy seems to be making a dithering bike for himself.

I absolutely do not think this would be the price going forward, but I got such a screaming deal on this thing I want these dudes to get more work/money. I provided bike and one pink token headset, and I got the frame, fork, 20" TA disc dyno wheel, and a random shit rear wheel to make moving the thing easier for a bong.

That’s just what I’ve heard from others, I’m a lowly 5’9". Obviously best scenario is to test ride.

Today’s edition of not having a van

8 Likes

That’s pretty good. There is no good way to quickly move a bike on a bullit, which is a bit surprising. I always end up laying the main triangle over the front triangle of the bullit and worry about tubing.

I keep thinking about where I could bolt a 9mm qr hitch to my cagro for easiest bike moving but yeah, for such a big place to pile shit, bike shaped objects just tow much easier on an xtracycle or similar.

Yeah when I got the Bullitt I thought hauling bikes around would be the easiest thing but turns out bikes are way bigger than I thought. Strapping half a pallet to the front worked really well but was almost too wide to handle on city streets without constant near death experiences.

Alternately, an xtracycle can carry a bike no problemo!
Ashley's New Frame. by rudyluciani, on Flickr

has anyone put an xtracycle on a bullitt yet?

you we heard you like bikes so we put a bike on an xtracycle on a bullit

How about a bullitt on a trailer pulled by another bullitt:

4 Likes

This honestly makes me want to come up with a system to put a biek on a bullit. I should have done it years ago when I had to quickly run a replacement bike out to someone working on teh road but right now I’m just annoyed at realizing how cumbersome it is.

Thought about this for awhile too

Basically 2 horizontals cross members (flat?) that span / cantilever outside the cargo platform and lock into those receiver holes along the frame.

Then attach bike trays to the cross members on the outside of the frame

1 Like

Bolt, clamp, whatever a roof rack tray diagonally across the cargo platform?

1 Like

yeah some sort of car roof rack system bolted in whichever direction makes sense is probably the simplest.

This would probably be the easiest.
You could probably rig up some QR style attachments for the tray so you can take it on and off easily.
The tray for the xtracycle has little spring buttons that hold it on to the free radical frame.

Xtracycle can also carry a bike without the tray, but the tray makes it a joy.
IMG_3119 by rudyluciani, on Flickr