You're gunna hurt yourself: Carry Shit Olympics (aka the Cargo Bike thread)

I like the new forum’s added functionality, but I miss having to rotate my computer to see what you posted.

5 Likes

This seems to be the idea

Oh here’s some better pics

oh hey it’s my olmo

1 Like

1/2” Spiral cable wrap works great to keep brake, shift cables bundled with eBrake and eThrottle wires. Tried to use Jagwire Rotating Hooks but they didn’t really work well for this application.

This shop in Germany ripped off the Riese & Müller kid box design and adapted to the Bullitt.

But I can’t decide if the design is genius or just dumb. Those ply tabs on the floor that accept the side panels seem prone to failure

Wonder how easy it is, or if it’s possible to take just the sides off, if you had awkwardly shaped cargo to put on the floor of the box.

Should be as simple as loosening / removing the ratchet strap.

…but then you’ve got the exposed notches protruding out the side of the platform (see ~ :32 sec mark of the video above)

I made fabric side panels for my bullitt that attach with side release buckles. I know kids are Willey but I don’t see the need for hard sides, especially if you have those little seat belts.

1 Like

How much might one sell such things for?

I’m really interested in these. Could you post some pictures again?

Have you met my son he is rowdy

Me right now

Lol what that’s totally bass ackwards

1 Like

Not if you’ve been dithering about a minimax for a few years, but are now thinking “maybe buy tradesman and collect parts?” When it’s obviously not going to be as good as the Danish Option

The meme reads more as “my mini max is fine, but damn that tradesman is the business”

1 Like

yes. The point of the meme is that often whatever is depicted as having caught the man’s attention is ill-advised at best. Here, take my baseball bat, have a turn with this dead horse.

1 Like

Two not so hot photos of them. I’ve thought about how I would do them differently next time.

7 Likes

If you look closely you can see they also extend. So if you have something super wide on the platform they’ll extend out to fit it then you can cinch the sides down around the item.

I love the 'spoke on that bike