You're gunna hurt yourself: Carry Shit Olympics (aka the Cargo Bike thread)

Trying to figure that one out as it will have to be powdered or painted as opposed to anodized.

you could always join the sinyard failson in making Oil Slick componentry

5 Likes

OIL SLICK! OIL SLICK!

Do that with 20" fenders and you’ll have all the bmx dudes feeling confused feelings.

Spoiler: maybe don’t do oil slick because I’m probably one of like 20 people in the world that would buy an oil slick 20" fender.

1 Like

hope you counted me in that 20

And me too

Maybe just sell one-offs of fenders? Then you can mix and match what you need. I have one of your zeppelin fenders on the back and a wald 20" upfront on my clyde.

packaging the hardware kits a wheel at a time would take some up-front effort, but eventually pay off?

1 Like

This is it. Charge more, but you get a discount (a.k.a. regular price) if you buy a matched set.

I’d buy two sets of 20”f/26”r fenders.

1 Like

ACAB

Also fuck clear channel.

7 Likes

BIGANT is mounted. Machining a matching radius on the spacers would be cool, maybe in the future. Spacers are 13mm high with a 1mm(?) large diameter washer. Screws are 65mm long.

4 Likes

You folks ever found a fender washer/thumb screw kinda solution for tool-free crate mounting? And by thumbscrew I more mean a screw with a nice sized plastic knob on it and then maybe a wingnut. I’ve found the screw part is harder to find than I anticipated!

Folding lawnmower handle parts?

What’s the tube diameter? Certain old caliper brakes have radius washers you can pilfer.Ooh, also some front derailler hardware meant for braze-on mounting. Or certain canti brake hardware.

Didn’t think about that! For sure don’t have enough of anything like that in the stash.

Platform is 12mm.

Like this?

1 Like

could you glue these guys into place, to rigidly reconnect the web of plastic ribs?

https://www.shear-loc.com/teeknobs.htm

They work pretty darn good until they eventually break. Old shop used them a lot for light fixturing. Easy to install and replace. Highly recommended

2 Likes

Maybe! I should check to see what it’s made out of, recall from previous experience some plastics don’t play well with adhesives.

seems like good JB Weld gig?