9 speed dead ender's thread

Funny enough, it’s a Bridgestone.

You can shift 10s road with your 9s mtb rear if shimano. Works great with 5700 shifters and 9s shadow xt rear on 10s xt cassette.

[quote=GnarShred]Funny enough, it’s a Bridgestone.

[/quote]

A non-round Bridgestone?

Tigged MB-4, DT and ST are ovalized a bit laterally at the BB shell, DT is ovalized a bit vertically at the HT. Don’t know why, don’t remember if my MB-5 was like that.

[quote=Bahamontes]I crashed at like a half a mile an hour in some loose sand on pavement and I think my right 7700 shifter is dunzo?! It seems to be working about every twelve times I try to shift.

I also need new chainrings. I am XT 9 speed rear.

Is this the time to go to something 10 spd, or do I just grab the sweet condition little 7700 mini group on ebay and keep on keeping on?[/quote] I’ll sell you some 5600 shakes for beer money if you wanna go 10s for cheap. They will work with your 9s mtb dangler like frank said.

9s 4 lyfe…

You just need a high clamp pusher

Yep. I have the original STX pusher and it’s working well. Alivio is low clamp. I may upgrade the STX to something more modern-ish to fit with the rest of the components, but I’m in no rush.

TC I still have old 7 speed on my road bike and dgaf either :confused:

I still have 9 speed on my TT, road and CX bike. I love the 9 speed rear mech so much I had a recent rant on it. I have never once mangled one in more than 6 seasons of CX. I don’t rate the later 9speed models at all tho.
I use the same on my drop-barred Karate Monkey with Durace 10 speed. The 10 speed levers are just more comfy, and they were free : ) I think they are still making the low-end 9 speed shifters, Sora ?
http://jeffsbike.blogspot.co.nz/2015/03/my-favourite-derailer.html

Oh my God, you really are the tt karate monkey guy

You ever ride with risers or flats on that bike, or is it always drop bar?

[quote=oogenssssss]Oh my God, you really are the tt karate monkey guy

You ever ride with risers or flats on that bike, or is it always drop bar?[/quote]
It’s only even had flat bars on it for very very short periods. Once early on in the piece, and then again last xmas after it was morphing back from the parts bin, just before that TT actually. It had a flat bar on for the TT. Keen to try it TTing again with the Woodchippers but its a big PITA going from Discs to v-brakes which I need for the HED 3 and rear disc. Not tried risers tho. My next inappropriate TT will prolly be on my CX bike. Will just put on a very negative stem.

Cmon you guys, seriously, it’s the KaraTT Monkey

I need to go up to bigass cassette for 1x.
I have deadend drivetrain.
I found this thing where he gets a cassette extender 40t cog to work: http://faqload.com/faqs/bicycle-components/drivetrain/wide-ratio-9-speed-cassette
should I bother with this garbage or just go 10s?

Personally I’d just make the jump to 10s and get one of the SunRace wide-range (11-40 or 11-42) cassettes.

Go 10.
Can you get praxis (direct from them) if sunrace is out all over?

There is that 12-36 9 speed cassette… Would that get you far enough?

If the 12-36t cassette isn’t gonna do it, go 10s. Don’t bother trying to fux with the dead end

Go up to 10s is what they always say. A deadender deadends when the chips are down…