All things NuMTB thread, now lower longer and slacker

Thanks for the offer, it’s a tapered headtube so the extender wouldn’t be compatible. But I found the manual for the fork and it’s definitely just a spacer so I’ll be doing that first and see how I like it. I think this is going to be pretty cool, glad I asked.

Just had my second ride on the slackened Rip9 and holy shit it’s so good. Best upgrade I’ve ever made to an mtb.

4 Likes

The boss is teasing me with this 22 S Works Stumpy Evo, the 23’s are mullets and that isn’t appealing to me so this one could be a keeper at the end of the loaner period. Going to take a expert demo bike out for a ride on Monday to make a decision. Talk me into/outof a stumpy evo? I think set up high BB/steeper HT would suit my normal riding pretty well and dithering with the other settings could be fun, right?

1 Like

Surprised this hasn’t been posted here.

3 Likes

The GTA NPC TikToks that have taken off are pretty hilarious, too.

That video should be 9 minutes of loading screen, then 20 seconds of riding before being killed by a flying jet car

3 Likes

Oh shit, I’ve arrived.

17 Likes

not quite?

:man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Soft open, they’re dithering with the site today.

1 Like

i have never in my life seen a better canvas for a tarckshoop

Our team of experts

C&D incoming from Tarck, LLC

6 Likes

would it be in poor taste to superimpose eejay shredding in harrison arkansas instead?

3 Likes

Trying to get stoked to ride tomorrow. Anyone near the Frederick watershed trails in MD by any chance? They look kind of awesome:

1 Like

That place is awesome!

Yeah, it is really solid. Some serious dh trails there.
I think this is the one I did, first year of the enduro.
Signed up for the pro class just to do Creampie. I know there are more shuttleable ones there, but those other ones in red are also pretty rowdy.

Hope they drain well cuz I think I’m about to head out for a break from the in laws. Any tips on where to park? I was thinking of parking along Hamburg rd and riding up to the top of kubla khan, then maybe driving up to another lot to sample some of the reds, though I feel like those may be a bit sketchy for a first time ride alone.

Sadly I am not that familiar with the area. But that sounds like a plan. I know that Creampie had some techy rocks, like almost step downs but wasn’t too crazy. I would probably take caution with them since they could be intense over there.

I like step downs :slight_smile:

Reporting live from three saws trailhead.

Update: extremely pleasant 3 mile single track climb. Wow!

2 Likes

Well that was fun.

Did the one trail that turned out to be very techy and leaf covered (whoops). Some fun features. I tried rolling down this twice. First time my rear wheel started to come around and I ended up putting my uphill foot down once I was basically sideways. Thanks to the pins in my left pedal for stopping me lol. Smelled like I was trying to spark a fire.

Lowered tire pressure and tried again. This time I still slid down the whole thing but kept it straight. Kind of don’t understand because it doesn’t look very steep, but traction was quite low. Cold weather x ancient rubber? Are the rocks less grippy 200 miles south?!

This is how you get on it:

Got done with this trail (kubla khan) and went back up to hit a flow trail. Decided on Boundary Line and it was just what I wanted. Berms and doubles and such. Wish I had just done that twice.

13 Likes