All things NuMTB thread, now lower longer and slacker

Set the Stevo to the steeper HT angle, feels good on the slower chunk. The geo numbers on steep ht/high BB are very close to my Trail Pistol but with 30mm more travel on each end… I like this bike.

7 Likes

Oh hey, I’ve ridden that trail. Surprised me with the techy bits.

2 Likes

Quite a few of our black diamonds are really dark blue, but the tech trails at Atalanta deserve their rating atmo.

1 Like

this is the most tarck youtube

2 Likes

Man I gotta get a Marino before they raise prices. It’s like a bikes rite of passage at this point.

5 Likes

Dude, me too.

2 Likes

yeah, i keep thinking about one for a hard tail. need to hop on that soon and sell my road bike that i never ride.

4 Likes

I wonder if they’ll build me an Atlantis V2 clone with dick mounts

2 Likes

He’s building a Sight clone that fits an SAE shock for me.

I’m currently stalking the Marino IG to see when my frame finally gets painted.

2 Likes

Uhhhhhh

costs $140 shipped internationally?

April fools?

1 Like

I’ve been looking at this thing! I’m really curious. I haven’t really looked into it but I’m curious about how audi was using the stuff in cars. It might be a gimmick there too though who knows?

1 Like

i love it
someone please buy one so i can laugh at you

1 Like

I might know just the guy

If I understand what’s being claimed, then under higher pressures the activated charcoal absorbs air molecules in such a way as to crash them out so they don’t exert pressure anymore.

Man, I don’t know.

The Vorsprung Secus does the same thing, but I’m struggling to see how the activated carbon actually absorbs air.

1 Like

Not absorbs. Adsorbs. Adsorption vs Absorption |.

I don’t totally understand it, but from my reading it seems that molecules against the surface of a material in a certain way (that have weak bonds with that material?) can be packed closer together than if they were floating free. Because activated charcoal has so much surface area, it packs together more air than if the space was empty.

2 Likes

It’d have to be a condensation event for the gas to stop exerting pressure in the fork, right?

sorta like condensation except no liquid created

it’s what those silica gel dehumidifier things do with water molecules.

The fishy thing to me is they’re claiming this happens fast enough to affect the feel / “effective volume,” I would want to see some numbers on how fast they think adsorption happens

Like If they were claiming the carbon did temperature compensation so you maintain the same spring rate as the shock heats up, that would be more plausible (ETA: but i think that would actually do the reverse? adsorption capacity decreases with temp)

2 Likes