Badass bike parts picture thread

I’m actually really digging the style of Red, that logotype on the inside of the crank is awesome. Bold graphics definitely have their place.

Gee, thanks.

I’m digging Red, too

[quote=“bexley”][quote=“room203”]if i got that chainring id powdercoat it to match my veeeez.

lately ive been lusting for a modolo stem:

[/quote]

I’ve got one. Are they worth something?[/quote]

i have no idea i just think they look nice. cant justify picking one up on ebay though since i have a perfectly good stem already.

on a white frame

would it be too jackass to rock that on a conversion with lime green veeps? i was seriously considering that right before you posted it.

edit:hmm i suppose red wheels and that bartape would be cheaper and have the same effect.

heh. probably.

[quote=“room203”]
lately ive been lusting for a modolo stem:

[/quote]

I can’t remember where I read it, but I definitely remember reading that these stems were notorious for breaking.

edit: found it. none other than sheldon brown said to avoid them. http://www.cyclingforums.com/t106366.html

If Salsa made a SUL in chrome or silver of some sort they’d have a winner. Not a refined look ala Cinelli but def industrial.

where’s the other crankarm?

its so badass you only need one.

This bike equals nothing but badass parts so i thought id post it up in here. Some of you saw some of these pics of mine awhile back.

that bike is amazing. check the rear derailleur cable routing through the dropouts. That katana would destroy any paul chen katana.

From what i understood, that headset was specially made for 3rensho for these time trial bikes and cannot or could never be bought otherwise.

The cable enters the downtube too. Must be a bitch to change?

I love the obscure, hyper-proprietary time trial bikes of yore. Such cool innovations back then.

that thing is fucking amazing!

how the fuck is it rideable though? dude would have to have a reeeaaaly long torso and arms. pics or it never happened…

I use Red on my 'cross, because it’s very good and I got it for a reasonable price, but I think it is quite hideous. When I saw those crank-obverse graphics, I almost decided against buying it! This is what I like:

This thing is a vomit bomb.
So’s this.

yuck!!!

I use Red on my 'cross, because it’s very good and I got it for a reasonable price, but I think it is quite hideous. When I saw those crank-obverse graphics, I almost decided against buying it! This is what I like:

[/quote]

the older campy cranks are cool but they do get fatigue cracks and will break…