Badass bike parts picture thread

where’s the other crankarm?[/quote]

i think i lost it.

[quote=“Rusty Piton”]
This thing is a vomit bomb.[/quote]

It’s hilarious and therefore badass.

too bad a three bolt is probably out of the question

[quote=“dutret”]

too bad a three bolt is probably out of the question[/quote]

So did that happen mid-race?

[quote=“dutret”]

too bad a three bolt is probably out of the question[/quote]

what are you talking about?

[quote="(|)"]
what are you talking about?[/quote]

the shoes.

It looks like he snapped the toe clip - at least to me.

[quote=“pirate”][quote=“room203”]
lately ive been lusting for a modolo stem:

[/quote]

I can’t remember where I read it, but I definitely remember reading that these stems were notorious for breaking.

edit: found it. none other than sheldon brown said to avoid them. http://www.cyclingforums.com/t106366.html[/quote]

hmmmmmmmmm. wow. you’d think that design would be stronger. think maybe the user over tightened the bolt?

i’ve already had a 3ttt with the “plunger” style expansion clamp thing that holds it in the steerer tube (not sure what thats called at the moment) break inside the tube and i didnt really notice it until i heard the suspect creaking and pulled it out to check. i actually still ran it for a little while until i painted my new stem (aesthetics!) and it was ok, but not safe. so im leery of those kinds of stems now and switched to one with the wedge style steerer tube clamp thing. that was way too much typing and i should just go threadless but not until i get a frame that isnt an '86 centurion road bike.

[quote=“dutret”][quote="(|)"]
what are you talking about?[/quote]

the shoes.[/quote]

if they are these…

I think these were intended as Keirin Shoes (they’re at least named after Keirin)…

ASICS KEIRIN 400 Here: http://davidzinc.stores.yahoo.net/aihl7f4-0190.html# & Probably elsewhere … for the Japanese term for bicycle racing and draws inspiration from the classic cycling shoes of the 70’s and 80’s."

[quote=“dutret”][quote="(|)"]
what are you talking about?[/quote]

the shoes.[/quote]

I still don’t get it, what’s wrong with the shoes? What’s a three-bolt shoe anyway?

Hey Erik you like Chub hubs? Most people seem to hate them.

I’m indifferent.

[quote=“blickblocks”]Hey Erik you like Chub hubs? Most people seem to hate them.

I’m indifferent.[/quote]

i think they’re awesome (aesthetically)… i’ve never ridden them.

I’m confused, why three cables?

[quote=“Gustfa”][quote=“dutret”][quote="(|)"]
what are you talking about?[/quote]

the shoes.[/quote]

I still don’t get it, what’s wrong with the shoes? What’s a three-bolt shoe anyway?[/quote]

3-bolt is the “look” cleat pattern now used by pretty much every road since as opposed to the old time, speedplay and spdr patterns have been abandoned. Those shoes are probably a 1 or 2 bolt for slotted cleats which means they can only be used with clips and straps and so are impractical.

[quote=“artblur”][quote=“dutret”][quote="(|)"]
what are you talking about?[/quote]

the shoes.[/quote]

if they are these…

I think these were intended as Keirin Shoes (they’re at least named after Keirin)…
[/quote]

No those were intended to look like keirin shoes but have soles you can walk around in like the dmt podiums are meant to look like kyoma tracks. The shoes I posted were intended as keirin shoes hence are unwearable off the bike.

just picked these up off ebikestop:

knog tadpole bar end lights.

reminds me of 50s streamlined stuff

are they for bullhorns?