Badass bike parts picture thread

would ruins the industry

Just noticed that Cane Creek Viscosets are in stock at Universal and Jensen:

http://www.jensonusa.com/Cane-Creek-Viscoset-Headset

In stock at QBP, too! Tops only, HD2455.

DQ: whats so special about this headset?

damps steering for low trail nerd bikes, no speed wobble

I think they only make tops, no?

Yeah. You pair it with whatever bottom you need.

Does the top match any other bottoms they sell?
Surprised they didn’t call out a suggested 1/8" CC bottom cup to pair it with because why not?

Has anybody actually run a Viscoset on a rando or is still theoretical at this point?

Totally theoretical, as far as I know. Not a cheap experiment, either.

And yes, the 40 1 1/8” bottom is the match. Basically the lower half of any standard Cane Creek 40 headset for a non-tapered 1 1/8” headset.

DQ what if you just wrap a ring of inner tube around the top half of any dumb headset?

I dunno, but when i did this to the bottom half of the headset on my ridic thin tube crit bike (ridden on teh street as fixed conversion/touring machine due to youth and stupidity) it had zero effect on the terrifying propensity for shimmy that contraption displayed.
note that tube was fitted to keep water/road grit out of head set

I put one in my qbp cart today

Not sure where else to put this, because it cannot be badass by default 'cuz IRD, but it’s good to know that this exists.

HY

but the new side-pull sideswipe or whatever shimano road derailleurs have a shorter, more tightly radiussed cage anyway, don’t they?

HY: tacos

amazing

I choose to believe that that sticker started with a misreading of someone “TARCK” Salsa sticker.

heh, a few years ago my friend asked what my knock off Salsa sticker said. I pretended I didn’t hear them and changed the subject quickly.