Bags and stuff

No internal dividers. Thought about it but that was a step too far for this round. If I had zipper then this would have one but the roll top was a fun challenge!

Also need to remember to give a bigger seam allowance with cordura. Already lots of seam splits just from mounting it. First thing to go in here will be a roll of duct tape.

Potato cam pics of the roll top + liner

3 Likes

Seam slippage is real, and can vary between different Mills and fabrics. Cutting with a hot knife helps, but nothing is every really’done’ until a seam is finished, so enough SA to bind the edges is my benchmark.

and I love the rolktop, want to make one but I always overthink it and don’t get to it. Did you do funky offsets for the top tube in the pattern?

No offsets, at least not on purpose. This is only the 3rd thing I’ve made to “completion” with a sewing machine so I don’t really know what I’m doing or what most terms mean.

Bags are fun! I made a roll top Jones bar bag. This was my first doing a sewn in bottom, which ended up being pretty challenging. I can carry small stuff in/below the bar area and bulkier stuff on top.

Ignore my disgusting house, it was a rough week

10 Likes

LOL that’s my place after I clean up.

3 Likes

I clean up and then apologize for the mess

5 Likes

pardon my hovel

2 Likes

Pro move atmo

1 Like

who should i be looking at for a Wald 137 basket bag these days? i think i’m gonna fix the buckles on the realm bag, but curious to see other options too

Here’s a good breakdown of a bunch. I have a Tunitas and I like it. I’ll be benchmarking a couple of other bags for uh “reasons.” I’d be curious on your thoughts for whatever you end up picking!

1 Like

I have big and small Tunitas bags and like them. The drawstring closure makes it real easy to fill them up and I like the buckle closure a little more than the velcro on the Dark Realm bags. My only compliant is minor, both are a little big for their respective basket size and that causes the bottom to not sit flat.

Hard to resist the hand dyed and harlequin Dark Realm bags tho (if they were selling any bags of any kind right now).

I did not love the Velcro on the realm. And I’d like at least a little bit of internal pockets or storage.

1 Like

Some internal storage would be nice and the Tunitas bags do not have that either.

1 Like

i mean, this and a hot pink lining. winner.

4 Likes

Interesting contender from a local-to-me company.

1 Like

I just followed them on Instagrant. Pretty neat and funky format.

1 Like

Acorn bags has some really nice looking basket bags in xpac available now

Really tryna not buy a rando bag

1 Like

I’m looking for a handlebar bag, something about Wald 137 sized but just a strappy boy without a rack or basket or anything. I’m looking at the Roadrunner middle earth jammer, anyone ha e experience with that or something similar?

Whatever bag you do get, you might want to holler at one of these:

2 Likes