Bags and stuff

This, along with my laziness, is why I don’t like making handlebar bags. Because I don’t like how they operate right out the gate. They’re a poor substitute for a rando bag/rack but also I get their convenience. But every time I put my bag on my bars I’m annoyed.

2 Likes

Floppy bags get pretty miserable on any kind of rough surface , shartmo. I don’t like things trying to countersteer or any kind of noise or rattling.

cable run is making my brain hurt

That’s really cool looking. What I’m after is something that can carry my lunch and a change of clothes on my commute or a short ride without needing to leave hardware on the bike. I’ll be swapping whatever bag I get between like 2-4 bikes and want to ride them without racks or baggage like 90% of the time.

VO Biggish bag? It’s slightly biggerish than the middle earth jammer.

Maybe a Swift Zeitgeist?

I don’t have experience with either of these, other than some tangential experience with a Swift Catalyst that has similar mounting as the Zeitgeist. I haven’t used it as a bar bag, but it’s been nice as a saddle bag atmo.

2 Likes

Hey @igor can you have Roadrunner make a VO tote bag that is made for 90% off bike use but still fits in a small wald basket? You’d def sell at least 1!

8 Likes

Big wald version, too.

1 Like

Plud a rubbermaid tub version with wheels and telescoping handle

1 Like

Bag shartq. What type of sewing machine should I look for to make myself a couple rando bags and panniers?

Like, is it too much to get a used juki industrial machine? I have some sewing experience with regular duty type machines.

youre more than welcome to borrow mine

1 Like

Looking at one of these harnesses to put a 10l dry bag on my handlebars

Outershell vs front end loader

Anyone have a poitive experience with either?

Juki will hold its value

Get something “heavy duty”

If you don’t have the patience or luck (or space!) to find a good used industrial machine, the Singer “Heavy Duty” models are a good compromise between a standard home machine and something industrial….and they’re pretty inexpensive:

4 Likes

I think they’re pretty popular with the myog folks too

1 Like

we have this one and it’s pretty good. you need to manually crank it thru if you’re stitching a multiple layer seam or thicker material like vinyl or leather though

I have considered buying a walking foot machine but don’t really know what to look at

Wow! 90 bucks seems outrageously inexpensive for something as complex as a sewing machine. I’m kinda tempted myself!

1 Like

You got me excited but I think it is $90 off, so $180 which is still very reasonable.

I need to get my machine repaired or just replace it.

1 Like

Ah, you’re right. I misread.

Is there a market for keeping the dream alive bags? I have my old Large Seagull just sitting in the closet for far too long, and don’t have the heart to just donate it.

japan market for og bags is $$$

3 Likes