Bags and stuff

For smaller loads that don’t require access while riding the Patagonia black Hole Cube in large (10L?) fit surprisingly well in a Wald 137 rack.

Edit: found a not so horrible pick with my red cube up front

3 Likes

And pattaguchi is a brand all the normies can get behind and think your a neato biker and not their dorky uncle biker

2 Likes

Sup fellow awkward amount of H/G steerer above the stem bro

long%20jump%20light

10 Likes

Sup.

I’m getting pretty close to finally chopping the :doughnut: holder - have been dithering stem height and length for sooooo long

Sweet, the bag thread!

So, dithering on cheap 137 bags. Ideally I want to get one big bag and one little bag because I dont like the idea of having a huge bag with just my lunch and a u-lock in it and an overstuffed little bag is gonna drive me crazy.

I found this sweet little number for my little bag, comes in colors. Definitely getting purple, even though red or orange will match the bikes accents better.

And this is the big molle bag I think I’m going to smang.

I really don’t like camo, but I’ve heard these bags work really well and the price is right so whatever. I’m going to start with the purple bag and if I really do need more space I’ll go with the big camo bag. There’s no way the purple bag is anywhere near waterproof, but i haven’t even tried to ride in the rain once this winter so no big deal.

Same, but then I’d have to take it apart for chop chop and I lazy.

a prominent bag manufacturer agreed to make exactly this for me

we came up with the perfect name years ago, but only recently arrived at this final form

The junk drawer?

nah dude

more like “Fabio’s Chest” than “Wizard’s Sleeve”

So I miss-clicked on that cheap ebay purple duffle for my Wald 137 and ended up with a black one. Still fits nice. I pulled the shoulder strap off and zip tied the d-rings where it clicks on to the top rail of the basket for a perfect fit. I’ll probably chop off the main handles too when I get a chance.

1 Like

Pix of the fit?

Tonight I hope.

Quick photo shoot while I’m out in the garage smoking a bowl and sweeping the floor.

5 Likes

So its permanently attached to the bike? What about locking up?

I don’t plan on locking up until I get some kind of removable clips, hopefully later today. And it’s just zip ties anyways, I could clip them and use a bungee net if needed.

oh gotcha. Looks like a nicely fitting bag! How thick is the fabric?

Um, medium? It’s definitely thicker than the price would lead you to believe. It’s about the same as something like a jansport backpack, maybe a tiny bit thinner.

And it does fit really well. It’s a touch too long at the base, but it’ll still squeeze in when full of stuff.

Made a thing for the omnium at the courier company I’m at. Soon to be replaced is the totally embarrassing tube platform.

Also just tonight whipped up a bag for my 137 basket. It’s going to rain a shit load this week so I’m trying this out.

11 Likes

Wald has their own basket bag now:

1372 Basket Bag