bay area tarck

[quote=Face]Who’s down for dawn patrol?
I’m looking at you nate.[/quote]
Elbow is fucked currently (has gotten progressively worse over 3 months) so I’m off the bike for a bit to try and heal it.

I went for the first time this year, TC it was a total blast. A former teammate from the collegiate squad grew up ~25min driving from Laguna Seca and said we could crash at her place. Turns out she wasn’t around so I and a few teammates ended up kicking it with her awesome parents for the couple days. The house backed up into the Ft Ord public land trails that lead to 1) laguna seca and 2) XC course so one morning the dad and I went out, took a lap of the course, then watched the pro xc come flying by before hanging out in the expo. Also got massively lost that evening on the way to the cross race and showed up with seconds to spare after raging through the xc trails with the endpoint.

Conclusions:

• expo is cool if you go for souvenirs, combo of free beer and geeking out over bikes, next year’s tech, or are in the industry and want to kick it with some people. I got to meet some of the reps I hadn’t yet and had some rad conversations as a result.
  • racing gets a STRONG showing, for both road and (even more so) mtb if that’s your thing. Circuit race ON the corkscrew is epic. Cross course was okay.
  • the trails there are amazing, you should go ride through there at some point even if not at sea otter time. crazy beautiful.
  • really great energy to the place all weekend, fun being around so many people that are into bikes
  • I didn’t think I’d enjoy it as much as I did, tbh.

are the trails out there open year round or just for the race?

Most of the trails are open year round-- DH course is only during sea otter. So…I’ll update ya’ll after I get out of jail.

i heard the dh course is a waste of time. mostly sand pits, no features, and uninteresting

Weak…anybody know of any dope monterey area trails to ride?

Sure, drive up to UCSC.

so, they took out another technical rock section from tamarancho…

but on the bright side, i didn’t crash despite my best efforts in a couple sections and actually got my tires off the ground a couple times on the flow trail. im starting to like this flow/pump thing, considering getting some kinda little dj bike going or borrowing one from someone.
also saw some kid on a 20" mtb shredding at incomprehensible levels.

im’a be staying in oakland next weekend, anyone wanna go riding?

I’ll prob just bring my road bike unless shredding is available close by (house sitting, gotta stay close cuz animals)

there’s some trails right up in the oakland hills and tons more within an hours drive in almost any direction.

word i’ll bring my mtb too :slight_smile:

[quote=Face]so, they took out another technical rock section from tamarancho…

but on the bright side, i didn’t crash despite my best efforts in a couple sections and actually got my tires off the ground a couple times on the flow trail. im starting to like this flow/pump thing, considering getting some kinda little dj bike going or borrowing one from someone.
also saw some kid on a 20" mtb shredding at incomprehensible levels.[/quote]
There are plenty of technical trails in the hills surrounding Tamo, even a couple legal ones.

whoa, i thought tamarancho was the only legal game in town. please do share.

680 -> Solstice
Skywalker -> Big Rock Ridge -> Goat Trail

Checking that out this weekend for sure.

I’ll be in SF (Potrero Hill) next week for a few days. Is there any practical/convenient way for me to rent a bike and get some riding in? MTB or hilly windy road.

i need me some dirt tomorrow. still mulling over trying those new (to me) trails over just driving all the fuck way out to annadel…

or just saying fuck it and ride side-o once it starts getting dark.

so i brought my road bike. if anyone wants to ride tomorrow i am going to head out @ about 11 from piedmont and do pinehurst/redwood.

Hmm. I might blast by on my motorcycle.

down for drinks and such later on too…