bay area tarck

[quote=lwkwafi]Would someone in this wunderland be willing to procure this Rawland frameset and ship it to me?
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik/4919382212.html
I can ply with you goods from this part of the country: beers, whiskies, scrapple. Or something else.[/quote]

I can take paypal if you seriously want it. Get at me.

PM’d!

I live in Walnut Creek and can help if needed.

I could help as well.

I can help with calling out you trying to give people scrapple
thats not payment
that’s poison

Shhh, they might not know that!! That was really the most PA thing I could think of. Other than that, there is Wigle whisky, supposedly name after a guy that ‘helped spark’ the whisky rebellion (suck it, george washington!.

Thanks, y’all, Dr Cat is on the case with contacting him and such. It has been up for a while (since they sold out of 58 anyhow), so I don’t imagine it will go that fast.

anybody wanna ride tamarancho tomorrow morning? going to try to turn wheels round 10.

shit, wish I didn’t have finals on monday (that I’m not remotely prepared for)

I’m gonna be in Oakland starting Monday. I’ll be in the USA for a month or so, with some time spent in San Diego.

I’m working remotely, so I won’t have ALL sorts of time, but I’ll be around and able to ride / drink / etcetera.

Akasnow, what’s your poison? Road, Mountain or somewhere inbetween? I’m in the east bay semi-frequently, but riding most days on the peninsula.

Bringing my Vaya, so gravel grinding / mellow singletrack / mellow road.

Rad. Let’s be bike-friends.

Sup bay area. I’m going to be in san francisco for a week starting this saturday. Supgirl is in town for business, so I’m taking some vacation time and tagging along since I’ve never been to the area. My main goal is to eat as many burritos as possible. And ride bikes – any suggestions on where/how to rent, meaning is spinlister worth my time?

what size bike do you ride? and are you looking for more mountain or road riding?

Either or both, plus city riding. Looking for some fun to be had while sup is busy with work during the day. Staying with her downtown. I’m usually 56cm (6’ skinnybro with 32" inseam). Might bring a skateboard too if I can find it in my apartment.

Let’s ride some bikes.

Between Oogens and I we can probably help you figure out a bicycle in your general sizeway. (or point you to some one to rent you one.). I’ve got a Kona Unit (with gears) in an 18". Might be able to limp by on if you can’t find anything else.

Where will you be staying?

Awesome. Sounds awesome.

Sup is being put up in a hotel in nob hill (meaning free fancy accommodation for me)

Shoot me your #, I’ll text ya.

looks like I’m moving to the bay area pretty soon for work. I know absolutely zilch about the area and moving to a new city at all, haha.

recommendations on where I should live or any rooms opening up anyone knows of? office is at 333 bush, and long bike commute is OK by me.

San Francisco is an insane place to rent right now. Oakland and the rest of the East Bay are moderately less insane. I forget where you’re coming from, but be prepared for sticker shock.

333 Bush is right around the corner from Bart, which would make getting to work from the East Bay pretty easy as long as you are within bike-range of a bart station, which isn’t too hard to do. I’m from San Francisco and have never lived in or spent too much time in the East Bay, but I know other Tarckers can tell you what’s good.

If you live in SF, getting around by bike is easy (cos small) and most commutes to downtown are pretty manageable once you figure out your route. Getting downtown from the western part of the city (Richmond, Sunset, Haight, etc.) is super easy because of The Wiggle and cost of living is relatively reasonable (for San Francisco), but you may need to be further out. Not everybody loves the western side of San Francisco as much as I do, though.

When are you getting here?