Bike blerg thread

if ur shammy is too long I feel bad for you son

21 Likes

99 problems but a Riv ain’t one

14 Likes

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the gels began to take hold. I remember saying something like, “I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should captain.” Suddenly, there was a terrible roar all around us, and the sky was full with what looked like huge chamios, all swooping and screeching like cantilever brakes, and a voice was screaming, “Holy Jan Heine. What are these goddamn animals?”
Stoker: Did you say something?
“Hm? Never mind. It’s your turn to captain.”
“No point in mentioning these chamois,” I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough.

31 Likes

I’m not gonna say all this Riv talk is making me want one, but is making me want to put a stupid pair of handlebars on my LHT

12 Likes

Grant might be a kook but that doesn’t make me love albatross bars with bar end shifters any less.

8 Likes

If they brought back the Quickbeam, I’d pay the whole amount up front for a preorder.

And speedblends in 700x38/40 or 650bx48.

2 Likes

I’m getting dumb bar decisions floating in my head too

Would love a quick beam

1 Like

Some proto-tarck from our savior Sheldon:

13 Likes

It even has the technicolor dreamtires!

" if you were the proud owner of these, you’d be big pimpin’ "

3 Likes

Fenderline

1 Like

I’m very fortunate that you can’t buy Jones bend bars in silver right now otherwise I’d probably be getting those and thumbies

2 Likes

p sure that’s for ability to remove the rear wheel. there may be other ways to do that but it works

1 Like

sure sure function is good and all, but what about form

i’m mostly just having a goof about it, but should also note: never had Sheldon-mania in my cycling youth

1 Like

Same. I learnt everything I know by fucking shit up myself first hand.

4 Likes

Boo Shimano, boo.

4 Likes

This is why I’d love to see more OS / adversarial interoperability work done on electronic drivetrains. See also SRAM Airea:

(Old article but lays out the technique clearly)

2 Likes

I have a da9200 bike on order and am now trying to change that.

1 Like

I shall engage Cunningham’s Law with the following:

I don’t see what’s so hard about making your own controls for an electronic shifting system. All you have to do is have a button send a wireless signal to a control unit that moves a servo a preset amount. it’s very easy!

2 Likes