Bike blerg thread

Poppi himself talks about seasonal work on a fishing boat. So yeah I think you are right.
I will say if you are ok with being a dirty person and sleeping outside living cheap is doable.

Also I have friends that live the dirtbag life but aren’t influencers, they squat, dumpster and are punx

3 Likes

Item #4 on my list

1 Like

Last time they did this, my code didn’t work. :colbert:

you start a crowdfunding campaign of course

Funny response over on the bob and rbw google groups is that he is a stoner and why would anyone want to be associated with that?? Blessed rivendell, dont sully yourself with such riff raff

3 Likes

Do they know dope is cool now?

1 Like

bunch of squares

1 Like

It’s always been cool, a lot of people are uncool though.

2 Likes

you’d figure people on the bob list would be slightly-cool and rbw are narcs?

1 Like

One younger dude made a comment about bromance being straight and white and oh boy guess what happened.

1 Like

I just think conservative types are funny

Upper middle class boomers are often not particularly cool.

3 Likes

lol

but they… used to be…?

image

1 Like

Some of them, yeah, but the arc from hippie to MAGA is well documented.

2 Likes

I could live the nomadic lifestyle. It sounds exhausting. Also short term housing would be expensive.

I’m not sure if they are in a position of privilege. That is a good question. I know i have deep resentments towards people that I perceive as rich or privileged. I try to be aware of it. But its hard.

Its hard not to see someone in a position of privilege when they have such expensive bikes though. Which doesnt bother me personally on the face of it. But the cluelessness and sloppiness bother me and just seems pretentious and lazy. Thats a lot more offensive atmo

Richard sachs is pretentious and fancy but at least he does it proper and not so sloppy

1 Like

3 Likes

I could see getting a Riv and doing a reverse cruise ship overhaul on it (lop off the TT(s) & seatstays, cut down the ST & HT, melt off & reposition the TT/HT lug, then reassemble it with the lightest SS & TT tubing I could find) to make it more of a long-low design.