Bike build-off also known as What are you buidling? (or BBOAKAWAYB for short)

a few days ago… bridgestone rb-2 that will hopefully be purchased this afternoon

ignore the saddle

specialized hard rock, 1987.
getting some nitto moustache bars in the mail will help jump-start the build.

[quote=grantrules]Frame came today, fuck yes! Except the boss sold the headset I was gonna use. I still need a 7-spd non-shitty freewheel, though. I’m thinking about getting the IRD Defiant 7-spd 13-24. Waiting on my cable housing and bits from one of the distributors who fucked up our order, so it’s not getting here till tomorrow, I think.

[/quote]

I have a 7 speed suntour winner pro freewheel. They are really nice, and seem to pop up on ebay for about $100 bucks, though I dont want to get that much out of it.

[quote=poo-tee-weet?]Heading off to college in a week so this build won’t be finished till some time this winter. On the plus side it should give me enough time to track down the parts for a particular campy group I’ve wanted to put together for far too long now.

[/quote]
how could you leave that at home? bring it to school, build it, ride it!

as far as my next build, uh i have an SLX Rossin Record with Campagnolo Ergo…what next build?

something that takes fenders?

[quote=tepr][quote=poo-tee-weet?]Heading off to college in a week so this build won’t be finished till some time this winter. On the plus side it should give me enough time to track down the parts for a particular campy group I’ve wanted to put together for far too long now.

[/quote]
how could you leave that at home? bring it to school, build it, ride it!

as far as my next build, uh i have an SLX Rossin Record with Campagnolo Ergo…what next build?[/quote]

I run xc and track for my college so I’d be too tired to ride most of the time. More importantly I go to college in the middle of no where, with no good routes or places to ride. Kind of a major step down from riding in Philly.

imma rig something up for the rossin. gonna need to if i want to go on any real rides for almost half the year anyway.

edit: xc, word. anyway middle of nowhere sounds good for riding atmo

Sure, if you’re talking about real riding, but I get the idea that he means just riding around.
I suspect that the Gios is wasted on our new friend.

i wouldn’t say that.

Well since it’s sitting at his folks house while he goes to college and not getting ridden at all I would say that yes, it is wasted.
(don’t mind me, I’m just jealous)

[quote=Rusty Piton]Well since it’s sitting at his folks house while he goes to college and not getting ridden at all I would say that yes, it is wasted.
(don’t mind me, I’m just jealous)[/quote]
carpool to philly? we can steal it and timeshare it.

I’m down, you can pick me up on the way east.

[quote=Rusty Piton]Sure, if you’re talking about real riding, but I get the idea that he means just riding around.
I suspect that the Gios is wasted on our new friend.[/quote]

So you’re saying you know whats going to become of my Gios from the 3 times I’ve posted in the past year? Though in a way you are right, I have 3 more years of xc and track left and I’m not big on cross training during my seasons. I have no doubt that I’m gonna be spending a lot more time on my commuter than this Gios until I’m out of college and can refocus on cycling. Plus its very possible its gonna take a while for me to gather the parts I need for this build.

i understand you.

so i can ride it until you graduate, right?

middle of nowhere > philadelphia

as far as biking is concerned

As stated, I’m just jealous that you have one of my dream frames.
I can tell you’re cool from your username.
edit: i agree with the enigmatic Y.

I’d rather cough up a lung. There aren’t many people I’d trust with my bikes. Actually mostly just my other build because of its one of a kind frame, and this build because of the history behind part of the group. Feel free to take my beater out anytime.

i wanna see this one of a kind frame

No current project, but next in line is a flat-bar road bike. Possibly a Bianchi Valle if I can find one in black, or I’ll just build up this C’Mute frameset.