bike parts anonymous AKA: The new WTT thread, also pro tips on the length of time you should spend on the crapper

And this.
Lets just say I’m not looking forward to moving in the next few months.

All my bike parts are on my bike.

anyone got any rolls saddles in good shape?
i could use one or two.
could trade a nice turbo for one. it’s black.

i had alot of old parts like old campy cranks and extra rings, an extra extra silver campy record 10s rear wheel, various nice cinelli stems, silver chorus 10 speed rear der., new tubs that just be chillin on extra rims…

seems like all that shit ends up at stifffytruck’s house somehow…i guess coz he can ride a 22" frame and there must be billions of nice old trek’s in that size and he buys them for cheap then asks me for my extra parts…

got a few NOS tubular rims as backups for the ones i’m currently riding…same type so reuse the spokes…simple swap when it’s time…
an extra frame or two, ones an old bridgestone sport touring that sneaky viking crashed and then straightened out…some…i’m gonna give that to a buddy that could proabbly ride it…the gefsco i still haz…not sure i wanna deal with such a short front center anymore…maybe i’ll put that back together…probablyl not though.

I have a white rolls that i’d trade for a black turbo.

my name is FIXIE STAR and i have an addiction to bike parts.

at first it was kinda basic, a spare pair of handlebars here, and whoops somehow i have three base bars (nitto, nashbar, profile T2 wing), a pair of track drops and matching deda track stem, a set of ergo road drops off my road bike, some cruiser bars that I won in some roller races, and a bunch of stems all hooked up to them

it’s like they’ve been multiplying while I haven’t been watching or something.

I also have a collection of shitty saddles somehow, two disc wheels, two hed 3’s, a spare set of tubular track wheels and some shitty Shimano training road wheels.

oh god why.

yet i want more. more more more.

rusty they’re all sram. shoot me an addy whether its left or right and ill send one out

I’m sorry what?[/quote]

You guys make me feel like I’m not so bad. I have two largish plastic bins filled with sorted out, as well as a medium sized cardboard box of “eventually going on eBay” parts. Not a lot of crap that I don’t need or have no use for.

i have a thing for rarer parts.

7400 aero levers with fresh hoods? check
1st gen DA centerpull brakes? double check (2 pairs)
cinelli alter with 4 (FOUR) extra girls? i could keep going

a 1/2 dozen rolls of bartape that i might use, right?
i have almost every bar/stem set up: classic road/compact/ergo/riser/flat/townie/cruiser/valencia/etc etc

i guess i’m lucky that i have a wife who keeps the bike shit in check. though she started having me write down all purchases/sales (i was in the + for the first month of this year…then -$800). i asked her yesterday about design blogs to read rather than these damn bike forums that facilitate this. i’m —>this<— close to doing the bike blog cold turkey quit.

buuuuut after i build up the new bike all i need is a fork, a track-y quill stem and some tires and a rear triangle bend back, then I GOT MY TRACK biKE BACK!

I’m sorry what?[/quote]

[/quote]
What? Why?

skating around towns

I have about a half dozen bike’s worth of parts around here. Also probably 20 handlebars and uncountable rolls of batrape.

I thought it was cool to have a shit-ton of extra stuff filling every spare corner of my apartment, but now that I have a shop I want it all gone to make space for tools and real useful shit.

[quote=miguelaron]i have a thing for rarer parts.

7400 aero levers with fresh hoods? check
1st gen DA centerpull brakes? double check (2 pairs)
cinelli alter with 4 (FOUR) extra girls? i could keep going

a 1/2 dozen rolls of bartape that i might use, right?
i have almost every bar/stem set up: classic road/compact/ergo/riser/flat/townie/cruiser/valencia/etc etc

i guess i’m lucky that i have a wife who keeps the bike shit in check. though she started having me write down all purchases/sales (i was in the + for the first month of this year…then -$800). i asked her yesterday about design blogs to read rather than these damn bike forums that facilitate this. i’m —>this<— close to doing the bike blog cold turkey quit.

buuuuut after i build up the new bike all i need is a fork, a track-y quill stem and some tires and a rear triangle bend back, then I GOT MY TRACK biKE BACK![/quote]

you can donate the alter my way, i’m just helping you ease the burden of all those bike parts. it’s straining your marriage and all…or something

it creaks pretty bad. i’ve had 2 and they both did the same. the bolts also loosen relatively quickly. idk if that’s operator error or design.

I’m sorry what?[/quote]

[/quote]
What? Why?[/quote]
LOL at Imelda Mikeyos.

Yeah, I kept pairs that had been skated through for some reason or another. And whenever I found a style that I liked to skate in on sale, I’d buy an extra pair just to have around since the shops around me always seemed to run out of my size. Right now, I think I have twelve pairs left. I sold most of them off and kept a few to wear.

I got over 30 pairs, more than half of that bike shoes. Only one duplicate pair.

Hi my name is Matt, and I have a bike problem. I even started a blog just to try and sell my extra parts and named it Bicycle Anonymous! Other evidence is my current bike count is at 16 bikes (see link in sig). All of those are fully functional and ready to ride. More evidence is looking at what my basement bike workshop looks like, HERE.

My worst bike part hoarder right now is track wheels. I have 5 fixed/single speed bikes. All of those have wheels of course. But, hanging around I have Dura Ace/aeroheads set, vintage HF Campagnolo track to Fiamme tubulars set, vintage HF black Campagnolo track hubs with bladed tied and soldered spokes to GP4 with some orange Conti Sprinters set, first generation Dura Ace high flange rear to unknown rear tubie, nashbar double fixed rear to dp18, nashbar hubs to Matrix Iso c set, rear i dont remember were it came from, and another spare unknown tubular front. I can’t bring myself to thin that heard for some reason even though I have sold some spare track stuff lately.

any of you fools have fenders lying around?

I’m confused by the fact that I’ve already acquired two bike parts through this thread.
This isn’t a support group, it’s an enabled group!

Yeah, but they’re either mismatched, slightly broken or missing their hardware.