bike parts anonymous AKA: The new WTT thread, also pro tips on the length of time you should spend on the crapper

i have a 20mm xtr centerlock never built. Buy it so i can match the king rear wheel sitting next to me. FML

when we moved i finally threw away some super bent handlebars that i crashed on like 1 1/2 years ago…

TC still have andre’s bent white aerohead for some reason…

WE MIGHT NEED IT FOR SOMETHING
YOU KNOW
SOME DAY
WHEN WE NEED A BENT RIM AND I JUST GOT ONE LYING AROUND.

Just went to guy’s house where he was giving away a few free bike parts. There wasn’t much there but I feel pretty good that I managed to only take a shitty wheel that most likely has pitted races, a Campag track axle with pitted cones, some Campag headset bearings, a patch kit and a floor pump with a faulty gauge.

A year ago I probably would have grabbed three times as much. At least.

I have 3 spare sets of long reach caliper brakes, a set of road tires, some MTB tires, a set of Salsa Bell Laps that’ll go on the Snowaguchi if I ever get around to finishing it, and a bin full of little crap like spare disk rotors, hope skewers, tubes, some superflashes, stan’s sealer, a couple Thomson seatposts, seatpost collars, stuff like that. Nothing big.

I also have a 650 sq. ft. apartment with barely filled shelves in the kitchen and closet. My rule is ‘never have to move one thing to get to another thing’. I’m pretty good about getting rid of clutter so my place stays nice and minimal. The only time I violate it is for my 3 bikes next to my front door.

[quote=Toast]Hey Heath

I got several pairs of scratched and/or slightly bent super-narrow road drops. Specialized, Hsing Lung, maybe one low-end Nitto.

Yeah?

Yeah?[/quote]

I’ll trade you for two pairs of heavily scratched, super narrow road drops along with a couple pairs of super narrow ergos. Also have some Nitto bullhorns, a B185, and some Noodles all in really good shape. Make me an offer.

Spent my lunch break researching fat (but not TOO fat) low tread cross type tires that I could put on the surfcheck even though I have two sets of tires that would do just fine. GODDAMMIT! Workin’ at a shop is a blessing and a curse.

I may be a little late to the party, but don’t let that deter you from recognizing my problems. I just moved a box of unused bike parts to the basement, and then realized in horror that the reason I kept the box in my room was to fool myself into thinking that it was the only box of parts I had.

I have brakes, wheels, tires, bars and stems, saddles and too much more.

I am of the powerless.

Any of you fools have an extra set of short reach calipers in decent shape, preferably campy or a 31.8 110 junk stem i could have for a few bucks?

gonna xpost this from trade thread.

have: older concor light, black, cover pretty worn but no tears and lotsa miles left. as seen in recent pics of my c’dale.

want: just looking to try things in search of what agrees with my taint more. would be up to try turbos, flites, or more new school shapes as well. lemme know what you got.

i could scratch up a flite prolly

I have a flite for you.

cookie you don’t have a few extra tubular rims you have like 20

i don’t really horde parts i have a bit of stuff…but not like you freaks

rudy, doug, pming you both. whoever is quicker on the draw/wants it more has it.

dang it! I wants it more! I have 3 differente flites you can choose from! or a rolls.

anybody got any of these:

78/7900 front derailleur braze or 31.8
2x good shape 11t pulleys (9sp use)
canti cable hangers F&R for 1.125/etc

I belong.

[youtube]qxZInIyOBXk[/youtube]

Strangely, I’m interested in a Flite or a Rolls…

hey there, guy. you best back off until i’ve had my pick! :colbert: