bike parts anonymous AKA: The new WTT thread, also pro tips on the length of time you should spend on the crapper

if your having taint issues why not just try something modern from fizik or specialized, i’d be shocked if they didn’t do the trick on the first try.

I have a set of black tektro 320 short reach brakes. Not campy… but I’ll let 'em go for like $25 shipped.

Why can’t I stop thinking about building an alfine x sl42 rear wheel for my crosscheck?

because it’s awesome. fred and fixie bro cred contained within the same wheel.

part of me is still thinking about sl42 20/24 for road biek

honestly if i had the money i’d buy an arione and probably a few more after getting to know it better. alas, i’ve got a classic saddle for trade and given past experiences i’m pretty sure something like a rolls or turbo or regal would work. i also have a flite rip off that does me better than the concor for whatever reason.

also would be more apropos on the bikes i’ve got.

Hated my Arione.

They have them with taint relief now.

just tried to sort through the bike junk in the basement

here’s an example of some of our useless junk

put like 10 tires in throw away piles, still like 15 in save pile. i guess i figure if i can’t remember why i took it off my bike, i better save it until i remember.

also got like 100x tubes. always like oh i’ll patch it. fuck… i never patch them.

multiple pairs of bent handlebars. including bull horns, risers, track drops, and some ugly ass semi-ergo 26.0 road drops (i think they might not be bent)

4 square taper bottom brackets (threw two away already)

4x 26.0 stems (all of our bikes have oversize bars).

approx 10 planet bike tail light mounts

1 shimano aero lever. i think i used to hae 4 of these but down to just 1 now.

2 drive side crank arms

1 shimano 105 DT shifter

1 bag “misc headset things”

and a shit ton of small things that if i ever need i just buy a new one cuz faster than looking for it

just throw out the old tubes.

i used to keep them too, but then i realized I’ll never ever touch them again.

Send me a planet bike taillight mount, please? I have having to switch them between bikes.

sharky has a pile of old tubes and tires in the basement that is actually quite dangerous
if someone fell in
well nice knowin ya

PRO-TIP: put tubes in bathroom with patch kit. Patch tubes while shitting. HAVE A SHIT LOAD OF “NEW” TUBES!

how long do you sit on the toilet? I’m in and out in less than a minute.

sprint pooper

I have a subscription to National Geographic.

I read almost every article in every issue.

I only read NG while shitting.

^ this is the way to be.

yeah i don’t get that 10 minutes on the shitter thing. now that I drink coffee in the morning, in and out within a minute for every poop. unless i feel another one coming, occasionally i’ll wait it out, but usually just move on and come back when i’m sure.

i’m way too lazy to take the time to mail something like that

how have you guys never owned multiple pb tail lights??? ive owned like 4… also most lbs have a shit ton in a box somewhere I bet.

edit:

'nother bike parts junkie gem

I think we own time atac pedals from every era

1 pair huge heavy metal one sided ones

1 pair junked out heavy metal ones

1 pair plasticky ones

1 pair metal aliums with crapped out bearings

1 pair newer aliums

brent had the carbon ones too but he sold 'em.