China Carbon

ordered a velobuild 168 today. My brother has one and i can’t let him have a good time without me

6 Likes

I’ve been eyebealling one off and on for a minute now. Looking forward to hearing what you think!

my brother has had his built up for a couple of weeks now, aside from some minor issues he’s loving it. built for under $2k

3 Likes

@lithium69420 this is what you need for your roadie fit.

good video review, I feel sketchy about an aliexpress cabron saddle because a failure carries an unpleasant injury risk and saddles are so personal, but I’m glad that works for him. it sounds like the struggles with internal routing were more not doing it often/not having shop tools which is where a lot of us would be

1 Like

here is an more expanded review by a guy in chicago

I’m definitely interested in sketchy carbon frames, but I don’t like modern design very much. Hidden cabling and aero tubes to save 3 watts at 25mph seems not worth it. I want basically a knockoff Specialized Aethos with external cabling.

3 Likes

They have a couple of other frames available that aren’t fully integrated, gravel frames as well

Velobuild.com

1 Like

Let’s face it, you really just want one of those riawan Rivendell road bikes.

1 Like

Christmas day. Waiting on my paint and hubs to show up and I can start building

12 Likes

Woah that was fast!

the what?

Taiwan made roadinis or whatever. They’re welded and made by pros so they’re not as precious as the lugged.

Ah. Yeah, I still can’t get over the fact that their cheapest frame is now $1300

1 Like

And some sizes selling out in a day so they could probably charge more.

1 Like

Goddamn this looks awesome.

1 Like

When things show up quickly it makes me want to buy them

1 Like

right??? i assume the $150 shipping with frames or rims will still take ages. that’s like xishuangbanna prime (biggest rainforest in chiba according to a brief google)

now i want wheels so i don’t have to build a wheel for my road bike

1 Like

Frame shipped via FedEx

My contact for the rims is peterxu1206@gmail.com

Wheel info here

I paid $125 per rim plus shipping. Shipped via FedEx

interesting new gravel frame

2 Likes