Crapbrapping or Pukebacking or Poopbarning

even compared to a big bag of fast food gravy?

Is the gravy included?

ALL DITHERING MUST BE CONSIDERED

3 Likes

Speaking of holes:

My dedicated wine bag, and maybe favorite SHAPE soft water vessel developed a pinhole a couple of years ago. I found some food safe rubber stuff to seal it with but then left it unused for a long while. Finally tested it by taking a bit of wine to the beach last week and I think it worked. Anyway, here’s the bag (1L, about the size of an open hand):

image

Unfortunately they were discontinued.

1 Like

With a frame bag, you can also just shove a huge plastic water bottle from 7-11 in there. Some semi-soft plastic! Be like discerning hikers: 8 Best Ultralight Water Bottles & Containers for Backpacking | 99Boulders

2 Likes

 

6 Likes

I’ve punctured one, but now I just slide them into another roll top bag, preferably waterproof, and have had zero issues. It’s a really light, replaceable, and re-usable solution.

Mine punctured from hard points on the bladder itself so double-bagging might not help

1 Like

whomst ur bladder maker

um DUH just pour the water directly into the rolltop.

you can trust that this is a good insight from someone who hates camping and only rides bikes off pavement when he’s gotten lost

1 Like

That’s what this was for:

image

Heat-sealable nylon seems to be foodsafe enough to store water but I never got to making a frame sized water bag. I wasn’t confident enough in the 3d-printed parts not coming out slightly porous between layers.

2 Likes

I’ve done a lot of dithering on this problem, even considered rotomolding silicone:

I’ve moved away from “big water storage in the front triangle” though because:

  • all eggs in one basket is risky in the desert
  • I mostly use Potable Aqua tablets and more containers gives me better balancing between clean water and not-yet-clean water
3 Likes

You mean like the seam of that hard plastic stuff you’re posting? Cuz that’s why I don’t use those.

no, hard things like lids

huh that’s something I have not had an issue with. I pretty much exclusively use bags with this kind of closure now though:

image

same deal, when you fit a big bag you have to fold over the top and the clamper thing rubs on the bag

hence the “make the whole bag hard” approach

If you hate bag water I’m gonna blow your mind;

image

They come in different sizes, shapes, and colors too

6 Likes

 

2 Likes

I mean really, thanks for pointing out that there’s a heavier, more expensive, and leakier solution that I already own to a cheaper, lighter, slimmer bottle I also already own.