cross check vs soma double cross

Why?

Durability? That Redline will last longer than most people’s ability to stick with a frame. I dented and beat the crap out of mine as a race bike/commuter. It never let me down. It’s rolling around NYC now under a friend and still going strong after almost 7 years.
Ride quality? It’s a cross bike. Big ass 32s will make any bike smoove. I have a stiff as shit aluminum cross now and with cross tires its a plush ride.
Price? Same price.

As a complete bike we are talking at least a 10% reduction in weight. You WILL feel that every time you pick it up to shoulder it or carry it up the stairs.

I was talking about the Nashbar carbon fork, dude.

Context. Read the post above mine.

ahh… my bad.

this is the plan eventually because i also am lazy

hey someone pay attention to this thread and talk to meabout that pake frame that is so so pretty

http://cgi.ebay.com/SURLY-xx-CROSS-CHEC ... 240%3A1318

That Pake frame is run-of-the-mill, a little heavy, but is functional for fixed-gear riding. Better than a conversion, good for street-fixed riding. I have a buddy who runs a Crosscheck with rear rack and Ortleib panniers, and he loves it. It’s holding up remarkably well, and he regularly puts 100+ miles on it four or five times a week, generally between 500-600 miles a week, with no issues at all. I cast my vote on the Crosscheck as well, but I think we’ve talked about both of these bikes previously together.

awesome

thanks man

im really enjoying my panniers, thanks tarckbike for talking me into the splurge

pake sucks balls

who wants to buy a 53cm i have?

Looks like this thread talked me into a cross check too.hey Anita or tb members can you post your cc pics?

I don’t think she ever ended up getting one.

Cross-Check = doing it right atmo

Some examples of Cross-Check versatility aka “The Many Moods of Surfimp’s Cross-Check”

(Note: I no longer condone or endorse using a fixed gear for towing trailers, it’s fucking uncivilized)

P.S. - Apologies for the shitty fender line on the rear wheel, someday soon it will be corrected.

Gyeswho

the mandercheck

^Hahaha Mander your B17 appears to be aroused LOL :bear:

iknorite : ( That’s the only position that it seems to work in. It’s comfy but looks like poo.

I notice that a pretty good percentage of people find that position is comfortable. If it works, who cares how it looks. Still gonna tease though :bear:

Mander and I just met in another thread.

I need a newer picture.

Love that bike, but those bars look like the worst.

The bars are hideous, but they’re pretty comfy. They also look (slightly) less horrible in real life; I think the angle of the photo brings out more of the gross.

Comfort > Looks

Oh shit this is Tarckbike. I forgot! So:

Looks > everything else