D2R2 2k-er-18

pie pie pie pie

pie!

I’m maybe in? Depends on my bike options and overall fitness. Prob the 115.

I’m definitely in and I’m definitely doing the long one and I’ll almost definitely be ALONE unless I can get some of the shop guys to do it with me.

Since I am likely sticking around (and sadly not at UVM), I think I may do the 115 again. Maybe with sup, and her teammate sophia who is finally able to get in some hard efforts after a concussion a few months ago.
115 is simply fun. Other are fun, but may push the suffering level a bit more over pure fun.

I’ve always wanted to go, but I think I may have a wedding to go to that weekend. But it’s in Boston, so if the wedding is on that sunday, hm…

Frank, it will be good to see you and dem Lazer Cats.

See you all at the Five Eyed Fox!

37 3rd St
Turners Falls, MA 01376

http://www.fiveeyedfox.com

I have a road ride out on WMass that has 8,200 feet of climbing over 70 miles and I still usually have some juice at the end of it. I think I want to commit full-on to the 180. I think I’ll try to get out and ride the course a couple times SS before the actual event just to make sure I can do it.

jd, did you do it fixed or SS? How’d it go?

Singlespeeded 115km w/o Pennel, because my friend was like HELL NO. I walked a little of Patten and Abijah Prince. I would jump on the bike, pass a bunch of people, then crest feeling amazing. It was a fun day, I was in top shape and didn’t feel stupid for my choices. (42x18, 584-50 Quasimoto tires, Radlawn Olaf)

Man I did something bad in the days leading up to last year’s event because I felt horrible all day. I think I told you what it was Jon but hell if I remember now. Probably involved drinking and not sleeping enough.

Pennel is shorter, looser and steeper than Patten but the reward is the “Better Than Sex” descent.

https://www.strava.com/segments/1019608?filter=overall

Damn, was fun to hold that KOM for a bit.

I’ll probably end up schlepping myself there from Rochester with a few friends. Will be camping cuz of course. Probably 180k maybe short mystery instead depending on what friends wanna do.

Me: Wanna do D2R2 this year?
Kelley: Sure. What is it again?
Me: Like, 100k of dirt. Long day on a bike.
Kelley: (pause)… Sure. I don’t give a fuck.

Kelley is in.

in for this

some notes on the mystery route in the email from the promoter. has me wondering if maybe i might rather switch to the 160 or 180. sad to hear about lack of jeep track.

It is still a mystery tho

seems like too many roadies who willfully ignored the warnings and ran their 32c cross bike complained, damn shame, pics of the mystery ride from last year looked awesome

I will be there. signed up for the long mystery but probably gonna bail to short mystery to ride with the buddy I’m driving over with.

I couldn’t imagine riding some of those sections on anything short of a mountain bike, but they were short stretches. Most people aren’t used to the idea that if you’re gonna be riding off-road you’re gonna have to hike-a-bike sometimes.