DEALS DEALS DEALS

My Open came with one of those. I thought it was sexy as hell, but man it was not campatico with my ass. I’ve had some terrible saddles but I think that was the worst. Sold it for $200.

I had a C15 that nearly crippled me with siatic nerve pain. Never felt pain like that before I got that cursed saddle and now I get it all the time.

My cambium was fine for rides that were under an hour, even in street clothes. But somewhere around 3 hours on that saddle and it would literally rub me raw.

1 Like

Well your rides are too long obviously :smilegrant:

11 Likes

Obviously! I never had that problem on a B-17. But my B-17s tended to turn to mush because I’m not capable of keeping them dry.

1 Like

this is why i’ll probably never get another leather saddle. i say bikes are meant to be rode wet and put away hard

5 Likes

I don’t understand. I do exactly that and exclusively ride leather saddles and am still regularly riding the first b17 I got in like 2007.

2 Likes

I collapsed/stretched out a Brooks Swallow on a 180km ride in torrential rain. Dried it out etc but it’s never been the same. Now lives on a beach bike.
B17 on the other hand, no dramas despite many wet rides.

I think I heard that B-17 leather is way thicker than the others. And yet it’s the others that take longer to bed in. Maybe the others are under more tension? My Swallow got a bit broken in on a wet ride. Not the B-17 tho.

1 Like

Neither do I because you seem to break every other component you ride in no more than half it’s regular life cycle :man_shrugging:t5:

My selle anatomica broke in less than a year. Meanwhile, my 15 year old b17 standard is still going strong and it was used when I got it!

4 Likes

I think that’s the key. I rode the same b17 from 2003ish to 2015ish and it held up commuting year-round. But the b17s I bought after that sagged out pretty quickly.

1 Like

I seem to remember the old Brooks Professional had thicker leather than even the B17s of the day… not sure that’s true for the modern Team Pro model though.

there’s a strava challenge for Salomon which gives you 20% off of one full-priced product. that’s not that great. but it turns out almost all of their site is on 40-50% off sale. jackets. bags like this one:
https://www.salomon.com/en-us/shop/product/outlife-duffel-25.html#color=47611

so i am buyin some stuff. the bags look really nice…i am a big fan of the osprey style where you can open the full horseshoe of the bag, but it has backpack straps too.

2 Likes

See anything with some interior dividers? I want like shoes/clean stuff/dirty stuff probably

i think the 45 offers that? that is the big downside to osprey’s duffles, it’s just one huge pocket.

1 Like

There’s a Gorewear challenge right now, too. It’s a 30% coupon code.

1 Like

Good deal on Shimano wet brakes:

5 Likes

How is that caliper? My experience with low end shimano has been terrible.

1 Like

The (much older) Alfine wet dicks on my Breezer Finesse rule, great lever feel.

1 Like