Did you just ShartQ?

so, i emailed Rodriguez, and it sounds like this is a not a bizzaro question for them.

i’m not sure if that makes me feel more or less confident ordering from them. It really does seem like they will do anything the customer asks, and i don’t know if i’m smart enough to not ask for something stupid

11 Likes

We have a team of experts working around the clock, etc, etc.

I feel like you could say this about almost any bizzaro bike thing.

1 Like

How do the coupler ones usually come apart?

Usually right in front of both seat tubes.

I guess think hard about whether one will work better than the other. Possibly no need to take wheels off on red one, but 6 couplers. Versus 3 couplers and wheels on?

If you ever wanted to fly with the white one, that probably wouldn’t work out too well for you? And that’s probably why people split it in three usually?

I don’t think we are ever planning to fly with it, is the thing. I don’t think that i’d feel comfortable leaving it in a hotel room, and it’s been pretty easy to rent one when we do travel. I guess the full set of couplers has better resale value, but that’s not really something i’m planning around.
we only want couplers so that it will either A) fit in our Fit hatchback or B)go on the trunk rack without feeling like it’s going to decapitate some motorbiker on the highway. Bonus is easy storage in the apartment if we need it.
We realized that getting a roof rack or hitch rack on the Fit and then adding a tandem rack quickly approaches the cost of just having the couplers added.

I made new thread to stop sharting up this one

I would like it better if it was like a table leaf, where you could ride a single or tandem depending on if the extra bit was in the middle

4 Likes

Rodriguez will do that!

3 Likes

my dad rented a convertible tandem to triplet when we went to france when i was a kid

2 Likes

I put my one piece tandem on the trunk rack no problem. With the wheels removed its about 2" shorter than my enduro bike.

Sounds like you only need one set of couplers, but whats the cost difference between the two options? I know couplers aint cheap.

the full set is $2175, so i’m guessing it would save about a bong. i also dont think that a fully couplered tandem would fit the Fit if you only undid one sert of couplers, but I’m not sure. Have to do some measuring. We can fit the current tandem in with both wheels off, but i have to ride behind my wife sans seatbelt.

what about one of those wacky tandem roof racks?

can you do that for less than a bong or two though?

1 Like

interesting. once you add the 2" hitch and installation, it’s creeping towards a bong, though.

Most hitches can be installed in like 20 minutes with two wrenches.

Kinda makes me wish I had couplers on my Big Dummy now

2 Likes

That’ll make the Fit tip over.

1 Like

i can’t really imagine that feels too sturdy crossing the Golden Gate Bridge, especially if i install the hitch myself in the street.

1 Like

just thinkin’ about ripping this off on a low bridge