Did you just ShartQ?

I’ll measure my tubes

What’s the frame? Can you measure the OD of the ST and calculate what the wall thickness will be after removing 0.1 mm from it? I bought a cheap adjustable reamer and just took my time with it after determining the tube had enough beef.

1 Like

ShartQ: a Berthoud Soulor has come up for sale locally. How do these compare to a B17 narrow? The Soulor is apparently slightly narrower, just wondering if anyone has used both and can comment.

it’s shaped differently too

like a Brooks Swift but with thicker leather

the normal width Berthoud is more like an old Brooks Professional

2 Likes

Hmm. Okay. It’s cheap enough that it might be worth a punt…

In marketplace now.

5 Likes

Alright you bike wizards, what’s the best decaleur? Need something cheapish, lightish, and available and able to work with a 90mm normie stem and some 1.25" bars.

I’m leaning towards a vo setup but it’s 80mm long and I don’t really wanna throw spacers on it

1 Like

Moved to dickaleur thrad:

My Bryton Rider 330 gps doodad no longer holds a charge. It dies before I complete my 7 mile commute after sitting on the charger all night. What should I replace it with?/ Is the Garmin Edge 130 Plus garbage? does anyone have experience with it?

I really like my Wahoo Element Bolt. I’ll get another when it poops on the floor.

I don’t know how it compares to the Bryson doodad tho

That thing looks like way more computer than I need. I just need to be able to look down and see my speed and track my mileage.

Maybe try a basic lezyne? MACRO EASY GPS BIKE COMPUTER – Lezyne
My experience is that the lezyne UI is pretty bad, but the price is right.

I’ve got a lezyne from a few years back and it’s fine. I wouldn’t necessarily recommend one in TYOOL 2021 but Garmin has some real shit computers too. I’d just get whatever you can get on sale and yolo.

1 Like

xpost ShartQ: I know this isn’t the thread, but what kind of tires can I run on hookless rims? Do they need to be specific or just tubeless or what?

Are you adverse to a wheel magnet? Cateye still makes old school computers without GPS. They have the Quick, which is about as simple as you can get and it runs on a coin battery.

These don’t like to work with dynamo hubs fwiw

Is it the fucking magnets or the electromagnetic interference thrown from the generator?

1 Like

I think it’s the interference. Same with the planet bike flashing lights

Oh I have another OG bolt to post for sale in addition to the color one that’s up in the marketplace

Cateye Strada slim wireless is my favourite computer. I never had any problems with my dynamo hub interfering with it.

1 Like