Did you just ShartQ?

I like DZR.

Mountain bike bros I know lament the Adidas takeout of 5.10, but without them they’d still be making 2003-era DC moonboots.

Same

I don’t think I even remember how to use that thing

I have 6800 on three bikes I think and I didn’t even know what it was, so I guess it isn’t essential to the setup.

Is there a cargo bike thread? I can’t find it.
Anyway,should I get a bullet or that Yuba thing?
I’m lookin for informed opinions here.

Think we have Bullitt and Yuba SuperMarche owners in there now.

I’ll just reply here because fuck your arborescent knowledge schema, all topics must spread rhizomatically

I emailed back and forth with Larry vs Harry because I was really keen on getting a Bullitt, but they basically told me that they are not bikes for tall people. If you’re much over 6 feet, you’ll probably want the Supermarche, which also is waaayyy cheaper.

2 Likes

I’m six feet exactly and my wife is 5’4” and ideally we’d both like to be able to ride the thing. From what I can glean, the Yuba is a better family bike, but the bullet is just so much cooler.

6’2”, wife is 5’5 or so, we can both ride the Bullitt FWIW. I never talked with Larry v Harry before buying ours, just splendid cycles (they were super helpful!).
I think any front-loader bike with some kind of harness/seat setup for the kid is a great family bike. I have no experience with xtracycles, but I wouldn’t want to give up being able to easily watch and talk with my kiddo while we ride.

Can anyone recommend a folding bike that’s not a POS? I don’t know much about em beyond names, and what I can fairly assume from listed specs. I’m wanting one to keep in the back of the car so I can park under the highway and ride a few miles to work then back, so I don’t need anything super nice, just not a turd.

Brompton? Dahon? TAF ebay under the radar thing?

Brompton

I am thinking about getting a Brompton for business travel. Like tomorrow…I have a conference two miles from the hotel. So stupid to Uber. No parking for a rental car. Brompton would be perfect

1 Like

Honestly they’re both fine .Brompton for the fold but dahon has a similar one now. Tern are really neat and work well too

1 Like

Is there a good reference/database for different pedal stack heights? I’m looking at the difference in stack between PD-5800 and PD-M530.

Everything I’m finding seems to make them both ~14 mm.

Yo Rudy

Get the bullit

Long tails are ok at kid hauling but suck at everything else

Surely it’s the other way around? You can’t see your kidlets when they’re parked on the rear platform of a xtracycle, and unless you’re carrying a refrigerator a longtail is a much nimbler cargo carrier.

halfling has been the preferred nomenclature in my household but kidlet is pretty excellent.

longtail is cool cuz most support an entire whole-ling worth of kidlets with minimal ado, maybe even 3 small humans of varying sizes, and are cheaper generally. but front loader are way more fun, and seeing them while riding is p cool

4 Likes

Longtail struggles with resolutely 3D stuff, but having the kid strapped into the seat right behind you works pretty well. Mine used to nod off on the way home from daycare, tiny helmet visor gently jabbing me in the ass as her head flopped forward.
Longjohn is more fun, and can be weatherproofed, which is pretty important for year round kid hauling.

This could b U!!!

5 Likes

how small do those things fold down? could i get one into an overhead compartment? would TSA let me through with a chainring?