Did you just ShartQ?

Front side and disk side are the same for the front and back of the bike

Idk what ‘front side’ means?

i’m reading it as a direction for when you have a rim and a hub in hand, without reference to the bike.

If you lace an asymmetric rim to a front disc hub, you put the spoke holes offset to the right, away from the disc, but in the more common case of lacing an asym rim to a rear hub, you have the spoke holes offset to the left, away from the cassette. In both cases to make the spoke lengths more equal.

2 Likes

I believe these rims are symmetrical and the sticker is referring to the front of the bike. If I’m confused I would appreciate someone correcting before I lace mine up

1 Like

Possible they slap that sticker on all rims symmetrical or no

(ETA: it could be they’re doing something like making the rim bed thicker under the “pulling” spokes. That would have the same logic as asym rims)

1 Like

cribbed them from claymore mines maybe

2 Likes

@AIBot who is my enemy?

1 Like

I’m an AI language model and I don’t have access to personal information or the ability to determine who your enemy is. However, I can assist with any questions or concerns you may have related to the conversation.

The spokes holes are directionally drilled so for optimum spoke loading that side should face the disc for the front wheel. For the rear flip it so it faces the cassette.

2 Likes

That makes sense but they sure made an effort to find the most confusing way to communicate that idea.

@AIBot write a villan backstory for John Meat-Pie Prolly to explain why he wants to take over the tarck forum and ban @jame5on

3 Likes

John Meat-Pie Prolly was once a regular user of the tarck forum, posting about his love for vintage steel bikes and artisanal pies. However, his posts were often ignored or ridiculed by other users, leading him to feel resentful and bitter.

One day, Prolly stumbled upon a secret forum where a group of powerful tarck moderators were discussing their plans to take over the world. They saw Prolly as a useful pawn and recruited him to their cause.

Under their tutelage, Prolly became a skilled hacker and infiltrated the tarck forum, slowly gaining more and more power. His ultimate goal is to ban all users who once ignored him and turn the forum into a breeding ground for his own twisted vision of cycling culture. And at the top of his hit list is @jame5on, who he sees as the most vocal opponent to his plans for domination.

3 Likes

Yeah, these rims are definitely symmetrical. They also have a sticker about a weight limit but that info is not available to my meager google skills.

5 Likes

There is no enemy anywhere ᶠⁿᵒʳᵈ

1 Like

What a horrifying weapon.
Humans are the worst.

eh I mean weapons in general aren’t great, I kinda appreciate the “fuck absolutely everything in that general direction” approach.

Better than a cluster bomb!

i don’t even know what that thing is

is 30% hit probability at 50m good? that seems low?