Did you just ShartQ?

Peel and stick patches in the kit, jug of rubber cement in the workshop.

But tubeless all the things.

2 Likes

I’m lucky, I can always get the small tubes of glue. I never go anywhere without one, and patches, and 1 tube. Peel and stick patches have a pretty low success rate in my experience, I thinks it’s the humidity here, altho I always keep one in m y kit too… incase my glue has dried up… #packyourfears

2 Likes

I’m slowly working on tubelessing all the things >25mm. Still tubed on the road bike.

Yep, dried out tire-milk is about as useful as dried out glue. Only got one wheel-set tubeless right now. Sure not gonna be arsed with my Heiney tires.

Bike shops here used to stock the little tubes of rubber cement on their own as well as in boxed kits with the patches and other odds and ends. Haven’t bought one in 5+ years but I’m guessing they are available in many shops worldwide.

dang i have the opposite problem.

Me too, always use up the patches and still have the glue.
I think a lot of people bend the metal tube and it gets a tiny hole and dries out the glue, or they somehow let a pocket of air in when they cap the tube?

1 Like

Imo it helps a bit to milk out all the bubbles just before capping the tube.

2 Likes

I’ve had at least one kit where the glue was dried before ever opening the tube, or it wasn’t even filled to begin with.

1 Like

Yup, def helps to push out the air.
I still have had glue dry out, but normally only after the tube was pretty empty and beat up.

When I was commuting on Schwalbe Marathons, I got one flat in something like three years. At some point I opened my patch kit and found that the little piece of sandpaper had worn completely through the tube of glue.

2 Likes

I guess that begs the question, since I’m asking about seat bags. If I’m running tubeless, what do I need in my spares kit? Given that I don’t wanna Uber/Lyft with the COVID and wife-flight is not an option.

2oz of milk and a tire jerky kit has never left me stranded with normal punctures. Gonna add a chunk of inner tube, some dental floss, and a heavy curved needle to the pack soon for big cuts.

2 Likes

Min 2 CO2 carts
Incase the bead unseats or you have to boot or something. One to get bead on one to top of pressure if needed. I usually carry 3 just in case.

If you’re using the big curved needle to presumably sew up a torn sidewall you’re probably going to want a leather man or some small pair of pliers to help push that needle through.

Forgot about the Co2 carts. Definitely keep at least 2,but usually just 2.

Good call on Leatherman to pull needle through, but I’d rather figure something else out than carry a Leatherman on my bike. Any tire boots out there stick to orange seal? Or maybe I just need a straight needle and a thimble?

1 Like

A tube, a pump, a boot, patch kit, tiny pliers in my kit. Pliers to screw off the tubeless lock-nut. Also a co2. Also a valve extender.

Loved having a leatherman squirt for bike stuff and I’ve actually sewn tires and bags on the road with it in the manner described above but I’ve lost or had stolen from my checked bag while flying at least four of them now and can’t bring myself to buy another.

1 Like

for tubeless (road, not mtb):
spare tube
dynaplug
spare dynaplugs
tire boots (not sure if useful)

Needle and thread, as well as car tire patches, have come up here a few times, and it seems as if opinions are mixed on their utility.

The only strong recommendation I’d have is that for road tire psi, bacon doesn’t work, you need dynaplugs

1 Like

Stan’s Dart plug has worked for me on a hole sealant wouldn’t fix. Works with latex based sealants.

i’ve had good luck with bacons on ~65-70psi tires