Did you just ShartQ?

Moved to Rando thread

I once had to gorilla tape the outside of a tire to keep my last bacon bit in the tire.

have not had to do that with dynaplugs, plus the make the inside of your tire look like a punk rockers jacket

New wheels came with tubeless tape installed over the WTB nylon strips. Tape is approx 25mm wide, leaving the holes in the bead shelf exposed. Should I remove the existing tape before installing 48mm tape to cover the holes (rims are i45).

1 Like

leave the strip in an use the correct tape.

1 Like

Thanks. Seemed odd that they would use such narrow tape and leave the holes exposed.

Anyone know the max cassette for a shimano rd-5501? I saw some info that said 27t but that seemed on the small side for a dangler with a relatively long cage. I was hoping to push to 32 or 34. If it won’t got that far I’ll probably just buy a 9s MTB dangler.

I have a 6600 shifting up to a 30t just fine, I’ll bet it could do 32. Think it depends on how much B screw adjustment you can make happen.

1 Like

The 5600 I have on the kid’s bike barely wants to shift a 32.

1 Like

thanks y’all

Shimano danglers can generally exceed their stated capacity and maximum cog size by a few teeth, in my experience.

You could go up a few teeth, max. Likely 30… Alternately:

That’ll work if you have enough capacity.

or just go with RD-M591 or RD-M592

I’ll see what I can dither and then probably end up with a RD-M592

I have a tail hook lengthener on one of my ultegra road danglers shifting into 34. On my wifli force dangler it gives me a 42, so far. Not tried bigger.

I probably have an M952 dangler in my bin if you want it. It’ll clear a 36t easy.

I’ve got a 9s era MTB dangler that needs new jockey wheels so I am going to see if I can transfer ones over from another dangler but if that doesn’t work I may be in touch.

Time to replace cassette and chain on mtb. Drivetrain is a mix of 11s slx and xt, currently 11-46t cassette but I want the new deore 11-51t

Do I try to yolo my dangler up the new cassette or just give in and get the deore dangler too? I’ve also seen conflicting info re comparability of nu 11s deore with existing 11s mtb, so maybe I’d need a new shifter too?

why don’t you try your existing shifter/dangler and see if it works?

Ya that’s the current plan but want to minimize down time/chain dithering if that doesn’t work

Dangler is m7000 fwiw

nu 11s Deore is 100% compatible with all the existing 11sp MTB shifters, according to the shimano compatibility docs. New RD-M5100 is the safe bet if you want that 11-51 11-speed cassette but no need to swap the shifter.

2 Likes

Don’t pay the extra Shimano-tax for a new cassette, unless you are a true 1%er racing at pro level…
Just run the Sunrace CSMX80 11-50 like us plebs. It’s great and much cheaper.

EDIT/ADD: If your current m7000 don’t want to shift all the way to 50/51 you still have 10 out of 11 to run on waiting for a new derrrderrrderrr.

2 Likes