Did you just ShartQ?

I just realized this and the last dummy who poked around in it was me, 30 minutes ago

:person_facepalming:

13 Likes

lol we all know that feel when…

but hey at least it’s an easy fix

Tail hook: lengthened :heavy_check_mark:

I think I oughta lengthen this housing loop next

26 Likes

Could be longer but only if you have more rainbow housing. If not then it’s passable.

SQ I’m getting some random clicking from my cargo bike. It’s not from the drivetrain. I feel like it’s from the front end somewhere. I’ve got the headset tight as hell but it the bars still turn easy. The wheel is from a trusted source but I dunno anything about wheels. I removed and greased all the fasteners on my front rack. If anybody has some obvious suggestion that has escaped me, I’m listening

Did you grease the skewer? or the axle if bolton

1 Like

Last night the side lugs on my rear mtb tire picked up a stone, held it, and just kept whacking it into the stays. Weird noise, took awhile to find it from the “wrong” side of the bike.

1 Like

I will check this

my personal fave is when my aglets kept smacking the downtube. hard to track down while not riding!

5 Likes

Where do I buy an 11 speed chain.
Also, should I give this Sensha stuff a try? It’s so cheap!

1 Like

I bought a sensah group last year but haven’t mounted it yet

If you have 1:1 sram bits you could use those and sensah 12sp shifters. I’m pretty sure they work together

I don’t have that stuff.

I am not going to say with 100% certainty that this fixed it but the click was much less salient this morning

1 Like

srx is shimano 11sp mtb pull, not sram.

Empire 11sp is sram exact actuation (road pull).

VO jsut started stocking the empire 2x11 but we also have the srx and chains and cassettes. I have srx on my poly w a nw chainring and it’s been perfect. I have empire on my rando and i can’t fault it. cheap n good.

6 Likes

Well if I do decide to buy this stuff, I’ll be buying it fro you Igor.

5 Likes

I worked on the worst bike today. Dude brought it to my workplace lunchtime pop-up. It was a sub $200 full suspension MTB that folds mid-frame. All of the drivetrain is counterfeit SHIMENG. The fork was on backwards, which is bad enough. But that made the THREAD-ON ROTOR self-loosening rather than self-tightening. No lock ring. My gob remains absolutely smacked.

11 Likes

thread on rotor??? this is why you always spring for the genuine shimeng

4 Likes

Yup, made to look like 6-bolt. But the bolts don’t do anything! Seems harder than just using acceptable parts.

Oh! AND the fork’s stanchions were covered in, like, tinfoil? The real stanchions are black, but over top is a silvery layer that doesn’t seem to be attached to anything. Maybe some kind of dynamic shims to deal with the horrendous bushing slop in the forks guts.

Gonna see if I can find a pic of this thing.

2 Likes

2 Likes

12 Likes