Did you just ShartQ?

One of these was the last straw and led to our policy to refuse service on Amazon bikes beyond a flat change.

8 Likes

@bward1028 beat me to the punches.

obfuscating black stanchions is kinda funny though given that they are in vogue

Great decision, these things aren’t quite bikes.

2 Likes

2023 will be the year of the shek road bike

14 Likes

Brings back awful memories when I had to work on the department store bike just purchased by a friend of a friend. I had to tell the proud new owner the bike was “not very good”. As I recall, the tread-on discs had already cut themselves a fair bit of extra thread in the aluminium hub. There was no lip for them to tighten up against. The front & back suspension was possibly even more janky.

According to this picture, the fork was installed correctly.

7 Likes

My dude must have been looking at that pic as he attempted assembly. Wowsers.

2 Likes

18 Likes

I’d like to add for consideration:
Marin DSX 2

And the polygon bend R5 is likely the best value of everything considered as it also ships with racks and a dropper

https://www.bikesonline.com/2021-polygon-bend-r5-650b-gravel-bike

Based on my.polygon experience, they’re the new bikes direct. Basically a good group on a garbage frame that’s been poorly assembled. My bike came scratched with misaligned fork dropouts. Everything but the shifters and derailleur are bottom of the barrel. The chain was missing a roller where the master link was connected.

Make sure it gets assembled by someone competent mechanic

1 Like

That sucks… I know a ton of these bikes also ship out good to go without issues, too. Generally I feel strongly about any bike that gets shipped would deserve some stand time and close inspection after getting unpacked…

Also they have a good return policy, if I’d known you had so much trouble and disappointment I would have suggested sending it back…

Why does it weigh 29 pounds

I was wondering too, I think the specs comes with racks installed but not sure.

Pressure gauge with a little release valve? Is that 30 dollar Topeak D2 good enough? Pure accuracy probably isn’t the biggest issue, just trying to be a little more consistent with pressure on the mtb.

I can hook you up, dm me

So I remember some discussion of converting DT 370 hubs to star ratchet… maybe it was @EndpointBraden?

I have some 700c disc brake wheels with 370 hubs. Wouldn’t have been my choice of hub but it’s a long story. They’re laced to decent carbon rims. I have them for my gravel bike but I prefer 650b most of the time so they don’t get used much.

I want to use these wheels with ekar on another future bike. I think I need to go star ratchet to get a N3W campy freehub body on it.

I happen to have a set of star ratchet guts from a specialized hub lying around. Will those swap in or do I have to buy the kit?

So the “ratchet LN” kits convert 370 3-pawl hubs to star ratchet. BUT they are not compatible with Campag N3W freehubs. We found this out the hard way. Or rather a customer who brought us all the parts did.

Someone at DT said this MIGHT work on a 3-pawl road hub, but they couldn’t confirm.

Yeah looks like the LN kits come with a different freehub body than the usual star ratchet ones and the LN kits only come in HG, XD and microspline flavours.

In that case maybe I’m better off leaving these wheels be or relacing the rear to something I can get with a N3W.

What are the good dt hubs to own?

Centerlock 350

6 Likes