E-ROCK E-BAY E-THREAD

Fremont recycled. 175mm, even. I suspect a clueless pricer? A bit rough but I don’t care about that.

My friend found a 3Rensho-made Specialized Sequoia there a few months ago. Picked it up for $80, sold it on eBay for $700. It’s just a total crapshoot.

Well, I’m almost never impressed by their employees so I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re not knowledgable enough to price things well.

I’ve got some 94 bcd rings. Can check tonight exactly what toothways.

Bought a Park PRS-6 today for $100. Not sure where to put it, as I live in a small apartment with two other people, but the deal was too good to pass up.

APPROVED

Found this mint T700 the other day. The guy rode it maybe 100 miles before parking it in the basement due to back problems. Original tires, freebie Super V bottles, nothing more than a bit of cable rub.

I think I have an older version of that guy I got for free.
sup (now ex’s) dad had it in the garage for a while. Evidently a former son-in-law would go through different schemes (but can’t get rich quick on bikes), bought this, and it just sat there, even after the divorce. I was pretty stoked to snag it. It has made it to 4 different apts and a move to PA just fine.

I have an older version of that guy I got for free. [/quote]
FTFM

Finally returned the bike Scott let me borrow for eight months.

Then he gave me another bike, an old trek touring bike I plan on slowly turning into a easy-livin’ basket bike by summer time.

As a bonus, it’s the bike that made Scott famous.

Well, it’s one of them. I have a… er… propensity may be the best word for it.

Example: I was the one to send those dickhead Oregon standoff guys that bag of gummybear dicks that Ritzenheimer would then make a video about. I wasn’t alone of course, bunch of other people sent dildos and stuff, and the Cards against Humanity guy then felt brave enough to send 50 gallons of lube or something. But that dickbird Ritzenheimer held up my bag of dicks to complain about it in particular and i’ll be honest, I tear’d up a bit and jumped out of bed whooping.

Then there was the time I nearly got 3 bike clubs into this intercity war thing of sorts because I cut this guys truck tire when he almost ran my (now wife) over with his truck. Her and like a dozen other riders. There was a big sit down, chiefs got together, had to hash out a thing. Good times. (Dead Babies, Dropouts & Zoobombers at Mini Bike Winter 3 years ago).

Then there was the time I got us kicked off Bainbridge Island for running a whiskey checkpoint at a bike ride. There was a big paper article about that.

Then there was that OTHER time we recovered a stolen bike and King 5 and NPR came and interviewed me about it (Gretchens bike, for those in the know).

There are other examples. I am not a pacifist. I do things. So it goes.

Oh you

On reread that comes off a little self aggrandizing. Not intentional. It was pointed out earlier that day I seem to get into the middle of things without really meaning to - it was fresh in the mind is all I think.

Carry on.

That was a good whisky checkpoint.

Apex shifters, danglers, wide-range cassette. Low level bars and stem. 110 bcd cranks with second set of rings and BB. Mismatched wheels, but the rear goes to 11 (with included 105 cassette) if I ever need to go that way. Loose tire matches the one on the rear wheel. Brake calipers.

$120 delivered. This will finish off the cheapo CX bike nicely. (already have mini-vees and tires).

…aaaaand they guy dropped off the stuff while on the way to recycled cycles. I asked if he had any sweet anno 26" rims. Nope.

But he did have this ghetto SS conversion he’d sell me for $20. Umm OK!

Wow.

Legit. My Avalanche ended up SS’ed that same dumb way for awhile. Magic gear.

Disappointed at the lack of E-ROCK content lately.

personally i’m relieved. every time i see 4+ posts here in quick succession i get worried that some other amazing deal i’ll never get has just happened