E-ROCK E-BAY E-THREAD

i didn’t measure the bb shell but its got xtr cranks seemingly without any additional spacer fuckery. i can’t imagine its 130 spaced wth a 73 shell though. gonna get some power blocks, a wald basket, fenders, it already has parallel push xt, and i’m going to the t-town swap meet today so let’s see where it takes me.
1x or 2x?

[quote=jawn doe]i didn’t measure the bb shell but its got xtr cranks seemingly without any additional spacer fuckery. i can’t imagine its 130 spaced wth a 73 shell though. gonna get some power blocks, a wald basket, fenders, it already has parallel push xt, and i’m going to the t-town swap meet today so let’s see where it takes me.
1x or 2x?[/quote]

Shit, forgot about the swap. Gonna watch Duryea Downhill practice on Mt. Penn, though. That frame looks great. Seems rare. Not a lot online about them.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=326629&mobile=on

http://forums.mtbr.com/vintage-retro-classic/richman-mountain-bike-490169.html

you didn’t miss a ton at the swap- not the best turnout

I bought this. Already flipped the components I got with it so essentially I paid $300 for frame, fork, disc, trispoke and velocity clinchers.

650c wheels on an XL! Minimum saddle height possible with the mast is like 81cm.

I guess it will be a joke biek of some kind. Kind of a weird impulse buy.

needs KISS wheels.

Singlespeed with silver wald risers

Got a free, small Trek 970 frameset. Older, 1" headtube, with the buttery tubes. Not sure whether to build it up or offer it to another small rider.

Wuuut

It ain’t that cool. It’s covered with terrible grey spray paint and has no fork.

still cooler than most free bikes

I actually figured out that it’s a 1999 Trek 930 (triple butted True Temper), and with a 1 1/8" headtube (I see so many oversized headtubes, that 1 1/8" seems small now). Also just noticed that the dropout is sort of borked, but I can fix that. I’m going to buy some Jasco and strip it down in my backyard this week, then I’ll assess my next plan for it, but I have a compatible fork kicking around my parts bin, so that’s a start.

Had some swrve shorts on my amazon wishlist, they were down to one pair in that size/color so I got em for $32 just now

Yesterday was a special day. I was given a 2009 Cervelo P2C with a DA 7800 triple, Zipp 404’s laced to power tap, computrainer and a bunch of other stuff because the guy was retiring. It was probably used for all of 2 events? The damn thing is pristine. I stripped it for some parts and selling the frameset with some other bits.

Also, a coworker gave me, for a sum of 100 dollars: Brand new silver Record/Open Pro wheelset, Speedream built White Industries to Velocity wheels, EA70 wheelset, Lynskey Ti post, Thomson Masterpiece, two 9 speed XT danglers, one 10 speed XT dangler, SLX shifter set, record ti front derailleur, countless record 10s ti cassettes, two square taper Record cranksets with a Phil BB and a Record carbon BB (both english) and there’s more.

Today, I bought a 1988 Schwinn Circuit frameset for 75 bucks that is in amazing condition. I’ll build it up in some stupid way . I can either go DT 10 speed shifters or 11 speed shakes. I have all the parts to build it.

That Schwann circuit is the sleeper

HA!

It’s pretty fantastic. I’ll probably build it 2x10 with downtube index and the ultra light speed dreams or throw the Zipps on it to troll the local TT dudes.

:bear:

God damn bacon, that’s quite the haul.

The Schwinn, is it the black one with chrome rear triangle? I wanted that bike before I found a paramount of the 1988 vintage

Red with Chrome with aero stays and fork. Tange Prestige tubing .

Update! Picked up a record carbon 27.2 post, more ti campy cassettes and carbon Easton mtb bar. Woot.